Video: The Lexus RC F at Top Speed

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-04-10-lexus-rc-f-hits-277-km-hour-400x200.jpg

Here’s French magazine Option Auto pushing the Lexus RC F to its top speed of 277km/hour (172mph).
View the original article post

Reactions: CIF
Reactions
I'm surprised it is top speed given the accelerator pedal is only slightly more than half way down and there is no acceleration on the G gauge

LexusTechSA

Founding Member
Reactions
Looks like he had to get off the throttle because he reached the end of the runway.

LexusTechSA

Founding Member
Reactions
I'm surprised it is top speed given the accelerator pedal is only slightly more than half way down and there is no acceleration on the G gauge

At higher speed you don't accelerate as fast so that is why there is lower G readings.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Makes you wonder if the 168 mph is electronically limited, and if so, what is the true aerodynamically-limited top speed then for the RC F?

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
It is electronically limited

Nice to have confirmation of that. I wonder then what the aerodynamically-limited top speed is? I'm sure they electronically limited it for strong handling stability. Similar to the LFA, it's top speed is electronically limited for super stable handling ability up to the top speed limit. That's one thing that always had me super curious also; what is the LFA's aerodynamically-limited top speed?

LexusTechSA

Founding Member
Reactions
Nice to have confirmation of that. I wonder then what the aerodynamically-limited top speed is? I'm sure they electronically limited it for strong handling stability. Similar to the LFA, it's top speed is electronically limited for super stable handling ability up to the top speed limit. That's one thing that always had me super curious also; what is the LFA's aerodynamically-limited top speed?
I've heard of IS-Fs that hit over 300 Km/h with the limiter removed :D

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
I've heard of IS-Fs that hit over 300 Km/h with the limiter removed :D

That makes sense, as I remember reading that during development of the IS F, they tested the car at speeds as high as around 186 mph or so. :)

The RC F then probably can reach a slightly higher aerodynamically-limited top speed, given the upgraded engine over the IS F. I'd imagine the RC F can then hit around 190 mph or so for the aerodynamically-limited top speed.

It's details like this though that make Lexus the #1 luxury brand for me. Limiting top speed to a (still high) amount, to ensure supreme handling stability.