Huge Price Drop for the 2018 RX 450h

Reactions
uh yeah, something had to give...as stated in the other thread:

https://www.carsdirect.com/automotive-news/2018-lexus-rx-hybrid-price-cut-up-to-7-340
First, leather and heated/ventilated seats are no longer standard. Both now require you to first add $640 for the heated & ventilated seats, then $1,110 for the Premium Package.

Incidentally, the Premium Package requires you to choose a moonroof, which is also no longer standard. A power tilt & slide moonroof adds $1,350 and also gets you roof rails, another feature that used to come at no extra charge.

There's also the fact that a navigation system is no longer included in the base model. To add it, you'll have to add a $2,120 option. Altogether, that's an increase of $5,220. But that's not all.

A blind spot monitor with rear cross-traffic alert, arguably one of the more useful features in a modern SUV, is no longer included. The feature now adds $1,065 when bundled with the options above.

The final tally comes out to $52,975, or $1,055 less than last year's sticker price. That's considerably less than the $7,340 price cut that the vehicle seems to offer on first glance.
Toyota did something similar with the RAV4 Limited so it too had a "price decrease"

For RXh buyers, it is harder to find a less loaded up model than one without, which these days are unicorns on dealer lots.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Mimicking German pricing scheme finally. Anyway customization even through packages is part of being a premium brand so that's a nice step up for FWD Lexus products.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
uh yeah, something had to give...as stated in the other thread:

https://www.carsdirect.com/automotive-news/2018-lexus-rx-hybrid-price-cut-up-to-7-340

Toyota did something similar with the RAV4 Limited so it too had a "price decrease"

For RXh buyers, it is harder to find a less loaded up model than one without, which these days are unicorns on dealer lots.

well it is $1k cheaper with same options and now base versions available, instead of making you get everything loaded.

You did not have a choice at all before, you had to get it quite well equipped.

Reactions
well it is $1k cheaper with same options and now base versions available, instead of making you get everything loaded.

You did not have a choice at all before, you had to get it quite well equipped.
Well yeah, I expect most Lexus regions will order their RXhs (9444?) with the majority of the features that became optional this year. Like I said, it will be harder to find an RXh ordered without navigation or the safety stuff. My mom's 2013 RXh when we bought it came mostly loaded.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew

2018 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid Gets Big Price Drop in USA
18-01-02-lexus-rx-450h-hybrid.jpg

Only $1k more than the RX 350.
View the original article post

Reactions: Den

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Well yeah, I expect most Lexus regions will order their RXhs (9444?) with the majority of the features that became optional this year. Like I said, it will be harder to find an RXh ordered without navigation or the safety stuff. My mom's 2013 RXh when we bought it came mostly loaded.

i dont they will all come loaded anymore. They increased RAV4 Hybrid sales significantly with same move (offering base versions, not just loaded).

Reactions
i dont they will all come loaded anymore. They increased RAV4 Hybrid sales significantly with same move (offering base versions, not just loaded).
We shall see, I'm willing to bet that what buyers find on the lot now will only slightly change, minus a few items from the 2017s, but the price will definitely reflect it. I'm sure with RAV4 they've allowed the dealers to carry more configurations too with a difference in the MSRP. However, I think it will still be more common to see RXhs equipped with Navigations and most of the safety stuff than not.