The Inspiration Behind the Lexus GS F

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-04-09-lexus-gs-f-car-and-driver-400x200.jpg

Car & Driver has a nice feature on the Lexus GS F and chief engineer Yukihiko Yaguchi.
View the original article post

Reactions
Oh wow! I'm surprise to see that the GS-F was inspired by one of the X-chassis trio. The mid 90s Mark II, Chaser and Cresta are great vehicles from Toyota.

Reactions: CIF

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Oh wow! I'm surprise to see that the GS-F was inspired by one of the X-chassis trio. The mid 90s Mark II, Chaser and Cresta are great vehicles from Toyota.

Not just great, those are legendary in my eyes. I wish down the line sometime in the future to own a pristine Mark II or Chaser model myself.

Reactions
Still lack of some horse power. 510hp-530hp for a NA 5.0V8 is good. 470hp is too far away from the competitors, despite the lightest weight.

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
Still lack of some horse power. 510hp-530hp for a NA 5.0V8 is good. 470hp is too far away from the competitors, despite the lightest weight.

If horsepower was the most important criteria I would never have bought a GS 350 F Sport and missed out on the sweetest sedan I have ever owned.

ACEtheOG

Founding Member
Reactions
If horsepower was the most important criteria I would never have bought a GS 350 F Sport and missed out on the sweetest sedan I have ever owned.

Problem is the GS350 is in the ballpark with it's competition... the GS-F isn't even in the same sport lol... Powerwise the GS-F lines up with the 550 and E550, not the M5 and E63.

Don' get me wrong, I believe it will be a great car, but it will be seriously outgunned by the Germans. Price will determine if this car is relevant.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Problem is the GS350 is in the ballpark with it's competition... the GS-F isn't even in the same sport lol... Powerwise the GS-F lines up with the 550 and E550, not the M5 and E63.

Don' get me wrong, I believe it will be a great car, but it will be seriously outgunned by the Germans. Price will determine if this car is relevant.

Price-wise the GS F will not be lining up with the M5 or E63, not even close. That's part of the point most people are missing.

Dreski

Fan
Reactions
When is this going to be for sale already? I can't wait to molest the warranty and drop it to the floor. #carshow #summetime =)

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
When is this going to be for sale already? I can't wait to molest the warranty and drop it to the floor. #carshow #summetime =)

It should be available end of the year, according to Lexus.

Reactions
Everyone knows it is outgunned in the HP war, but were it to have a third pedal, would those naysayers change their minds?