Lexus LC 500 Beats Bentley Continental Supersports in Road & Track Comparison

mordecai

Follower
Reactions
DNolyLoWsAAnSu_.jpg

pcoty-1509624291.jpg

Voting hour was contentious. Traditionalists raised their hands in favor of the Bentley’s stodgy charm. “It does everything in the proper Bentley way—big, luxurious cruising,” Baruth argued. “They finally made it feel British, special.” Yet the majority—just barely, with design director Matt Tierney pulled in as a tiebreaker—thought the Lexus offered the R&T definition of a GT: a stylish cruiser that can still clip an apex and be steered with the throttle. Consensus may be elusive, but through the messy democracy of PCOTY, the Lexus is the winning candidate.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a13132962/2018-performance-car-of-the-year/

A great read! I will say it again: the LC is this decade's 1989 LS. If Lexus puts the same effort into their design and engineering as the LC into their future cars: world watch out.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
I get email notices of their top stories, got that yesterday; excellent read. The LC is a fantastic car. Can't believe that I own one of the top performance cars around, but more important is that it is a fantastic ride and sexy as all hell. Really helps me look sexy in my wife's eyes!!! LOL (she doesn't really care about cars, but I think it's my smile whenever I'm in or around the car. :)

MichaelL

Follower
Reactions
LC is a sweet ride, looks great and drives well. Hope the next new cars follow the pattern... I am most interested in the next RC and IS. Can't wait for them to come out.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Considering the LC500 did 1:40 on that track. Since, RCF is slightly quicker than the LC500 due to the lighter weight and smaller size, I would reckon RCF would have done somewhere in the 1:39.xx region, which makes it fairly close to the 1:37.xx of the Alpha.

What caught my eye was the Alpha Romeo Quadrifoglio weight, which was 3822 lbs (they weighed RCF at 4030 lbs back in 2015) despite heavy usage of carbon fiber everywhere. Much has been said about the RCF weight, but RCF weighs 200 lbs more than the Alpha, which is the difference between the weight of RCF and ISF. I drove both the RCF and ISF. I could not tell from driver's seat that the RCF was heavier. Actually, RCF felt more rigid and stiff in corners.

Last edited:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
LC is a sweet ride, looks great and drives well. Hope the next new cars follow the pattern... I am most interested in the next RC and IS. Can't wait for them to come out.

You might have to settle in -- IS just got a refresh last year, and I would guess the RC will be next year.

(They better not update the IS any time soon, I just bought one!)

Reactions: RAL