Reactions
17-10-31-lexus-lfa-successor.jpg

"We have other priorities for now."
View the original article post

Last edited:

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
I also think, if they did a second gen LFA, it might end up becoming like an NSX simply because they would forget what made the first generation great and iconic.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Even if they started developing a replacement, it would be years before anyone even knew a lick about it. The P280 project started in February 2000, nearly 5 years before anyone even saw the first set of test mules in late 2004 and having any confirmation of a Lexus above the SC 430 and LS 430/successive 4LS.

I would say it was prophesied in the early 2000s, as the next generation Supra. Only in 2004, did public knowledge start leaning towards Lexus brand. So maybe it wasn't so unknown.

Just remember that they can easily deny the existence of such a vehicle in development, until years down the road. However, common sense tells us that an LC-F needs to reach either a sign-off stage in development or adequate media/public reception, before proceeding with another super car.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
I think the LCF for now, can do more than enough as a halo car. It could crack the mid 11 second league like the LFA, do good on the track and possibly Lexus could do good things with the noise despite it being forced inducted.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Agree with others who say that the LC F will be plenty "halo car" for right now.

Also, Lexus has other things they really need to nail down:

UX
GA-L-based CUV (GX?)
2NX
5RX
LX
TT V8 for F vehicles

...at this point, I think nailing all of those as home runs would do a lot more for the brand than another LFA, especially when we will have LC F.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I'm inclined to have Lexus bring back a 2LFA. Limit it to another 500 units for the hardtop and bring in a convertible as well limited to 500 units. Lexus could improve upon the V10 (1LR-GUE) or bring in a TTV8. It would bring a lot of excitement to Lexus again...

2LFA (hardtop)
2LFA (convertible)

Reactions
1080.jpg

https://carbuzz.com/news/lexus-lfa-successor-is-a-very-real-possibility
Lexus knows everyone wants this to happen. It's not objecting.

It’s the supercar that changed Lexus and parent company Toyota forever. The Lexus LFA has topped many people's lists of best supercars ever made in more recent years, Jeremy Clarkson included. Speaking to Lexus Group Vice President and General Manager Jeff Bracken at the 2018 Detroit Auto Show, we inquired about the possibility of an LFA successor, especially given the fact the current LC halo car is a GT, rather than a supercar. His answer pleasantly surprised us.

“We need more halo representation. We hear often from our dealers if we can have an LFA follow-up,” Bracken said. “So you never know. But that car was just so out there in terms of technology, power and handling. I wouldn’t rule it out. I think that when we hear so many emotional and high number of requests for a follow-up to LFA, we certainly won’t ignore that. It’s not a closed door.” Obviously the focus for Lexus at Detroit is its new LF-1 Limitless concept, which very strongly indicates yet another crossover is likely coming. But Bracken made clear to us Lexus understands the need for emotion, and halo cars do that. Today’s LC is a perfect example.

“Just as the LF-LC concept came out in 2012, there was so much positive feedback from the media, public and dealers that we did make the decision to go ahead and build it. And we were able to make the production car (the LC) look very much like the concept.” Bracken did not provide any LFA successor timetable, but what can be summed up here is that Lexus is serious about returning to the supercar game.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The question is whether it will be a technology showcase (aka. the first FC hyper car) or take the purist approach and be the last of its kind (like LC500).

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
No way a new LFA will come until there are at least 5 F models in the lineup and they have the resources to create one without losing money for every unit sold like the first generation.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Really wish they do as long as it is true to the original formula of visceral driving experience and sensory overload as the highest priority. Otherwise, better to leave it people's memory.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
I'm inclined to have Lexus bring back a 2LFA. Limit it to another 500 units for the hardtop and bring in a convertible as well limited to 500 units. Lexus could improve upon the V10 (1LR-GUE) or bring in a TTV8. It would bring a lot of excitement to Lexus again...

2LFA (hardtop)
2LFA (convertible)

Lexus already had done, but never put it to production. The 5.3 Liter V10 stroked version used in the LFA Code X racing car.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
People want, does not mean they will or can buy. Look at LC for example or GT86. Will they be more successful, if they had TTV8 and TTF4?