Lexus Ends TV & Film Partnership with The Weinstein Company

Reactions
7705628294_888fabc4ac_o.jpg

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...s-re-evaluating-partnership-with-weinstein-co
Toyota Motor Corp.'s Lexus unit said on Tuesday it is evaluating its partnership with film and TV production firm The Weinstein Company after allegations that co-founder Harvey Weinstein sexually harassed or assaulted a number of women.

Lexus, Toyota's luxury brand, is a sponsor of the reality TV show "Project Runway," which has been produced by Weinstein Co.

"Lexus does not condone any acts of sexual harassment, assault or discrimination. In light of recent allegations involving Harvey Weinstein, we are currently evaluating our partnership with The Weinstein Company, but have nothing to announce at this time," Lexus said in a statement.

Harvey Weinstein was fired as CEO by Weinstein Co. last week. He has denied having non-consensual sex with anyone.

A representative for Weinstein Co. did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Tuesday.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Yeah, could see this coming.

Sad, all that money spent on Lexus Short Films and this is what they have to show for it.

Reactions
and its gone...

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2017/10/24/business/24reuters-people-harvey-weinstein-lexus.html
Toyota's Lexus Will End Partnership With The Weinstein Co

(Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp's Lexus unit said on Tuesday it is ending its partnership with film and TV production firm The Weinstein Company after allegations that co-founder Harvey Weinstein sexually harassed or assaulted a number of women.

"Lexus has chosen to terminate its agreements with The Weinstein Company that saw the luxury automaker working with the film studio on certain film and television projects," a company spokeswoman wrote in an e-mail to Reuters.

Toyota's luxury brand had been a sponsor of reality television show "Project Runway" which has been produced by Weinstein Co.

The company's cars will no longer appear on the show after the current 16th season, which has already been filmed, the spokeswoman told Reuters by phone.

Lexus will also no longer partner with Weinstein Co for its Lexus Short Films series, which invited emerging filmmakers to submit their films for a chance to be produced by Weinstein Co.

Hachette Book Group, the U.S. publishing house of French group Lagardere, earlier said it had terminated the Weinstein Books imprint.

Harvey Weinstein was fired as chief executive by Weinstein Co earlier this month. He has denied having non-consensual sex with anyone.

Weinstein Co did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Yeah, could see this coming.

Potentially, I agree, but, IMO, I think Lexus should wait for an actual conviction in court. He-Said / She-Said allegations and accusations are a dime a dozen (witness the similar cases against Bill Cosby, Roger Ailes, Bill O'Reilly, Michael Jackson, and others). Most of them have yet to be proved in court, the ones against Bill Cosby ended in a mistrial, and the ones against Michael Jackson were acquitted altogether, and he walked.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I actually just happened to see the Lexus-centric episode of Project Runway. They had to design outfits made out of safety-related materials (seat belts, reflectors, inflatable rafts, fire hose, orange construction barrels, etc) that had been stuffed into a lineup of NXes, one of which was Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 :heart_eyes:. There was also a Lexus brand manager on talking about Lexus Safety System Plus being standard. It seemed like a decent fit, especially with Lexus' Fashion Week sponsorships.

Reactions
Potentially, I agree, but, IMO, I think Lexus should wait for an actual conviction in court. He-Said / She-Said allegations and accusations are a dime a dozen (witness the similar cases against Bill Cosby, Roger Ailes, Bill O'Reilly, Michael Jackson, and others). Most of them have yet to be proved in court, the ones against Bill Cosby ended in a mistrial, and the ones against Michael Jackson were acquitted altogether, and he walked.
Unfortunately that's not how corporate America and businesses operate. I'm sure marketers are always watching and will cut bait as things get toxic overnight.
lOVchVJ.gif

Last edited:

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
Let's get a petition going to dump the has been leftover from the 90's Brit Chick as the voiceover talent. There was nothing wrong with James Remar. Or maybe they're taking their cue from Mercedes-Benz who dumped Richard Thomas for Jon Hamm.