Reactions
krew
17-09-21-lexus-nx-2018-1024x641.jpg

And everything is transparent.
View the original article post

mwyf

Founding Member
Reactions
If you watch the cameo shot of the NX Hybrid very carefully and compare the front grille with the European press images, you'll notice that North America will get a different design yet again.

D

DDas

If you watch the cameo shot of the NX Hybrid very carefully and compare the front grille with the European press images, you'll notice that North America will get a different design yet again.
I didnt notice that until you said it! What a shame because I prefer the Euro spec one more. I was convinced that updated version was for NA too.

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
It is disappointing. There is no close up shot for the NX Hybrid and also because of the colour, a causal look won't detect the difference. 2018 NX info is on Lexus USA web site as well. Two welcoming changes are ventilated seats and adaptive suspension are finally available in some packages for the F-Sport.

The new upgrade tri LED headlights look great. I find the aesthetics equally appealing for the pre-facelifted one as well as this new one. It is just different and the new one matches the visual changes in the front bumper.

For the normal NX, despite it is different in North America, at least it looks better than the predecessor, IMHO. For the F-Sport, I find the uniqueness is slightly lost in the front bumper. The side big vents make the car a less cleaner look. Time will tell..

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions

You're right ! Look at this
upload_2017-9-22_19-7-38.png

Reactions: Den

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions

It is disappointing. There is no close up shot for the NX Hybrid and also because of the colour, a causal look won't detect the difference.
For the normal NX, despite it is different in North America, at least it looks better than the predecessor, IMHO.

We can blame the EPA for the somewhat stunted bumper yet again though I agree with Andyl on the styling improvement. The clearance/approach angle of the N.Am non-F Sport appears to be like the 2015-17, however, the 2018's one piece spindle outline and horizontal grille provide a more cohesive, buttoned down, and lowered look. Personally I'm ok with this differentiation still for the NX in 2018 in N.Am since it creates better distinction between the non-F Sport and F-Sport - something that is getting less defined in the latest Lexus models.

upload_2017-9-23_7-15-53.png