Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-09-13-lexus-ct-two-tone.jpg

Half black, half silver, all surprise.
View the original article post

Reactions
Hi, dual tone new CT could be available in Italy (that's to say, maybe, in Europe). On italian website the new painting scheme is mentioned about F-Sport trim level in the article on Frankfurt Motor Show, stating, in not very clear words, that it could be for other trim levels too. Images in the article, neverthless, are of single tone cars.

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
The colour combination is nice. Great alloy wheels, too.
But what do you think about the two-tone execution, with the strangely painted roof line on the C-pillar?

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
Looks great a welcome refresh. New mesh grille should be standard on all models in my opinion, just looks better than the slatted grille.

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
The colour combination is nice. Great alloy wheels, too.
But what do you think about the two-tone execution, with the strangely painted roof line on the C-pillar?

I have to admit I find the colour cut line somewhat strange and arbitrary. Maybe just a silver roof and silver mirrors?

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Kinda reminds of the Mini Cooper with the painted white roofs.

I like the 2018 updates on the CT. Too bad it won't be for sale in North America. Lexus, you're doing an injustice to North America by not offering the 2018 CT 200h. I say sell the 2018 CT for one more year in North America with current updates and bring us a 2CT...

cherrrhc

Founding Member
Reactions
Here's a thought! Many people on here have said they want a higher powered CT. Well, Toyota, announced at Frankfurt there will likely be a higher powered C-HR,. They said the intention is to offer two Hybrid performance levels across the Hybrid range. This means (in Europe anyway) the C-HR will have two Hybrid performance levels. They won't be announing what the higher performance will be until next year. Could it follow then that the Lexus UX could be the first Lexus to offer two powertrain choices? I also wonder if this is why Lexus seem to be somewhat stagnating on the CT? Are we going to get a bold update next year with two hybrid powertrain options? I think this is foreseeable when you look at the advancement already out there in the LC500h and TNGA. Just wondering (and hoping).

Reactions
Kinda reminds of the Mini Cooper with the painted white roofs.

I like the 2018 updates on the CT. Too bad it won't be for sale in North America. Lexus, you're doing an injustice to North America by not offering the 2018 CT 200h. I say sell the 2018 CT for one more year in North America with current updates and bring us a 2CT...
I know for the loyalists to swallow the CT is gone, but given the SUV push dealers would rather that the CT go (since its 'old' and selling only in the hundreds each month) and not take away floor space from a NX or RX, etc.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I know for the loyalists to swallow the CT is gone, but given the SUV push dealers would rather that the CT go (since its 'old' and selling only in the hundreds each month) and not take away floor space from a NX or RX, etc.

The current first generation CT is at the end of it's model cycle so sales are going to dwindle just like any vehicle model. The 1CT did well and met Lexus sales goals. Lexus can bring the 2CT with improvements and increase variants to breath life back into the CT.

U.S. sales of the CT since inception

2011 = 14,381
2012 = 17,673
2013 = 15,071
2014 = 17,673
2015 = 14,657
2016 = 8,903
2017 = 4,572 YTD from January thru August
Total = 92,930

The CT did much better than the HS (which I love). The current HS has the new spindle grill and Lexus should have kept it in the U.S. Sales might have gone up similar to how the new spindle grill doubled sales for the 2.5GX.

The CT has done better in sales than the RC (which I also love).

U.S. sales of the RC since inception

2014 = 1,922
2015 = 14,784
2016 = 11,165
2017 = 4,286 YTD from January thru August
Total = 32,157

Should Lexus cancel the RC? Nope, Lexus needs to expand the RC line and increase variants and do a better job of marketing it.

RC 300 rwd (coupe, convertible, 4 door coupe)
RC 300h (coupe, convertible, 4 door coupe) Please bring to North America
RC 300 awd (coupe, convertible, 4 door coupe)
RC 350 (coupe, convertible, 4 door coupe)
RC F (coupe, convertible, 4 door coupe)

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Here's a thought! Many people on here have said they want a higher powered CT. Well, Toyota, announced at Frankfurt there will likely be a higher powered C-HR,. They said the intention is to offer two Hybrid performance levels across the Hybrid range. This means (in Europe anyway) the C-HR will have two Hybrid performance levels. They won't be announing what the higher performance will be until next year. Could it follow then that the Lexus UX could be the first Lexus to offer two powertrain choices? I also wonder if this is why Lexus seem to be somewhat stagnating on the CT? Are we going to get a bold update next year with two hybrid powertrain options? I think this is foreseeable when you look at the advancement already out there in the LC500h and TNGA. Just wondering (and hoping).

It was Toyota announcement, so I expect it in some Toyota. Lexus already has it in Gs for instance. New Verso or Avensis or Auris coming next year will likely be first to offer it, soon to follow with other models.

It will likely be new powertrain hence the wait