Road & Track: The Lexus LC 500 is the "Perfect Halo Car"

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-08-11-lexus-lc-road-and-track.jpg

Big praise for Lexus' new flagship coupe.
View the original article post

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
great article, very similar to others we've seen. BTW: It does a respectable job on the track. Starting yesterday through Sunday, I've been driving mine on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road course (the F1 course), and it performs extremely well. It is faster than a number of other cars on the straight, except a couple such as 911 S and above, corvette, and a few GTS models of this and that; it corners respectably for a 4,250 lb car and it SOUNDS BETTER THAN MOST when it rips off downshifts when braking in corners in S+ mode. I'm going to take some POV dash videos and will post (but first must upload to YouTube). I'm in a beginner group that is essentially Drivers ED for how to drive a Performance car and get the most out of it. A lot of instruction, run by Porsche Club of America, Mid Ohio Region. We also drive on the IMS, which is an incredible track of such iconic value. WOW!

Last edited by a moderator:

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
great article, very similar to others we've seen. BTW: It does a respectable job on the track. Starting yesterday through Sunday, I've been driving mine on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road course (the F1 course), and it performs extremely well. It is faster than a number of other cars on the straight, except a couple such as 911 S and above, corvette, and a few GTS models of this and that; it corners respectably for a 4,250 lb car and it SOUNDS BETTER THAN MOST when it rips off downshifts when braking in corners in S+ mode. I'm going to take some POV dash videos and will post (but first must upload to YouTube). I'm in a beginner group that is essentially Drivers ED for how to drive a Performance car and get the most out of it. A lot of instruction, run by Porsche Club of America, Mid Ohio Region. We also drive on the IMS, which is an incredible track of such iconic value. WOW!

i should add that today I was faster than a number of 911s, vettes, caymans, a bunch of BMWs, maybe these drivers aren't good, but I am certainly getting better. I took some rather fun videos of the experience and more tomorrrow. I'll post. BUT the idea that the LC cannot contend on a track is not true. I am sure that getting equal ability drivers, and depending on the track, there are a number of clear track ready cars that can take the LC, but to just say that its a nice Grand Touring car, is not accurate. Today I had so much fun driving the car on the Indy motor speedway (with a good instructor) that I am beside myself :) More later

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Here are some pics of my LC and me at the Indy Motor Speedway Formula 1 track. Many many drivers and fans came up to my car (parked in a Formula 1 garage I might add) saying that this was the best looking car there! I spent time reviewing the LC features and almost bragging about the Sport Performance features of my car. I had my Lexus Racing t-shirt on :), can't help sharing the Lexus Love. Experiencing Amazing with the LC 500

IMG_3353.JPG IMG_3361.JPG IMG_3375.JPG IMG_3377.JPG IMG_3396.JPG

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Here is a youtube video of me driving a lap (out of a number) at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Formula 1 Road course. Bottom left is speed (estimated via the phone GPS, time, and position on the track. I've got a few and may post another that combines 3 laps.

This experience was truly AMAZING! and incredibly fun. The commentary is between me and my instructor.