Road & Track Profile: The Life & Times of Lexus LFA Master Driver Hiromu Naruse

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-08-08-lexus-lfa-hiromu-naruse.jpg

A must-read article about legendary Toyota & Lexus test driver Hiromu Naruse.
View the original article post

Rockville

Fan
Reactions
I still consider the legendary Naruse to be the father of the LFA. His ability to refine the test bed by feel and suggestion is the epitome of Kaizen. When demonstrating the LFA to prospects at Miami International Raceway they brought two drivers, Scott Pruett and Naruse. Their styles as Drivers were polar opposites. Naruse drove a very smooth line using his large BBQ gloves.
Scott is a racer that brakes late and goes for the apex. Surprisingly their lap times were almost identical. The current Lexus designs all borrow DNA from the LFA. Domo Arrigato Naruse-san.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I still consider the legendary Naruse to be the father of the LFA. His ability to refine the test bed by feel and suggestion is the epitome of Kaizen. When demonstrating the LFA to prospects at Miami International Raceway they brought two drivers, Scott Pruett and Naruse. Their styles as Drivers were polar opposites. Naruse drove a very smooth line using his large BBQ gloves.
Scott is a racer that brakes late and goes for the apex. Surprisingly their lap times were almost identical. The current Lexus designs all borrow DNA from the LFA. Domo Arrigato Naruse-san.

Wow I rode with Scott.. I don't recall NAruse San there.... now I'm trying to think back!