2016 Lexus RX 350 F SPORT & RX 450h Photo Gallery

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-04-01-lexus-rx-450h-rear-gallery-400x200.jpg

All the official photos of the 2016 Lexus RX 450h & RX 350 F SPORT in one place.
View the original article post

RDS

Fan
Reactions
As a person who like White cars , I really like how Lexus show all the F-Sport models in White ... especially when I'm a fan of the F-Sport design !

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Love the interior, especially the non-F Sport thanks to the premium wood on the console and doors.

Unlike the NX, IS, RC's F Sport trim (faux carbon fiber plastic), the RX's appears to be fitted with genuine aluminum trim :)

mwyf

Founding Member
Reactions
I'm loving this new RX. But two things fascinate me:

a) It doesn't have a slanted/raked bumper like the NX. I remember this thing about the NX being classified as a light truck in North America, thus requiring a raised bumper. So, does it mean the RX, despite being bigger and more fuel-consuming, isn't considered to be a light truck?

b) Lexus has gone back to using the Remote Touch controller, as opposed to the touchpad in the NX and RC.

Very interesting.

Reactions
3 things
1. wow it looks like that rendering from before the rear portion at least
2. there's a weird empty triangle on the nav screen
3. So smexy

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
a) It doesn't have a slanted/raked bumper like the NX. I remember this thing about the NX being classified as a light truck in North America, thus requiring a raised bumper. So, does it mean the RX, despite being bigger and more fuel-consuming, isn't considered to be a light truck?

Just as background for anyone that doesn't know what we're talking about, here's the difference between the North American NX and the rest of the world:

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/07...orld-markets-explaining-front-end-difference/

I looked up how CAFE classifications are determined, and there's no mention of "nose approach angles", just weight:

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/info.shtml

Let me see what I can find out!

Reactions: RAL

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2. there's a weird empty triangle on the nav screen

The triangle is about tying into the center console -- this photo is blown out, but it shows the line:

2016-lexus-rx-sg-9.jpg

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
A blue car, never thought I would find it very beautiful.
But the first picture of the RX 450h is like a black one...

Reactions: RAL

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
It's interesting that they did not show the non-hybrid, non-F-Sport regular RX. We know it will look very similar to the hybrid, but still interested in the differences, like minor exterior trim differences, and likely different rims. Also interested to see the non-hybrid, non-F-Sport regular gauge cluster.

Did I mention just how good that interior looks :D? I still can't believe that's an RX interior we're looking at! Bravo Lexus!

RAL

Reactions
Probably in all colors ! ;)
Did I missed some pictures of a RX in black, somewhere ?
It appears to be black in this pic. though in reality it is probably the blue we saw in the other featured pics. Luv the spindle grille surround!

8988874282064204438.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: CIF

Och

Admirer
Reactions
Really good looking car, better than ever (and RX was always a looker, since the start).

It's just too bad that they keep building it on FWD platform.