2016 Lexus RX 350 & RX 450h Information

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-04-01-lexus-rx-2016-press-release-400x200.jpg

The new next-generation Lexus RX is here -- let's start with the full press release and a selection of photos.
View the original article post

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Awesome overall! I think the exterior is brilliantly done. In classic Lexus fashion, a lot of subtle details in the design that will be more fully appreciated in real life versus photos. The interior is a BIG step up, which was the biggest thing I was hoping for. The interior meets my high expectations, as I was expecting something a level above the NX. The interior reminds me in a lot of ways of the GS interior, which is a GREAT compliment. The available laser-cut Yamaha interior instrumentation is just the kind of extra luxury touch I was hoping for in this new RX. I'm very curious to see more details on that, and overall more details on the new RX. The powertrain upgrades are definitely welcome, and further distance the RX from any Toyota platform cousins. I hope the coming ES mid-cycle update introduces similar powertrain upgrades and hopefully some interior improvements. While I'm generally not a fan of floating nav screens, I think they've done an interesting job on the RX nav screen. It looks semi-floating, and semi-enclosed by the dash, which stylistically is very interesting. Interested also to hear more details on how they improved quality, cabin noise, and other details.

There's a few minor things I'm not a fan of like the black plastic over-fender trim, or the available color inserts for the rims, which I think are overdone for a luxury vehicle. Other than that I think they've done an excellent job! This should continue to sell like hotcakes!

Chase C.

Fan
Reactions
Has anyone noticed on the drive mode select knob there's now a Normal and Customize setting?? We may actually be able to customize the driving dynamics for the first time on any model. Quite stunning this is (potentially) being introduced on the RX, and I feel as if this really expresses the direction Lexus wants the RX to go in. Any thoughts?

Chase C.

Fan
Reactions
Has anyone noticed on the drive mode select knob there's now a Normal and Customize setting?? We may actually be able to customize the driving dynamics for the first time on any model. Quite stunning this is (potentially) being introduced on the RX, and I feel as if this really expresses the direction Lexus wants the RX to go in. Any thoughts?
Looks like we're getting a frameless mirror, too.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I also note dual sunroof's...the F-Sport gets the LFAish gauges and glad to see the red interior continue..

Ruksac

Follower
Reactions
I'm happy to see an slight change to the original style remote touch interface instead of using the touch pad. I and my customers are not big fans of that device.

Onelog

Follower
Reactions
The remote-touch controller is going back to the 2010-12 standard, woo! That was always the easiest to use from my experience with lots of customers. Funny that the touchpad iteration has died out pretty quickly, though I'm not surprised. Much of Lexus is still based around the older generation, and I have had some real trouble getting people used to it(and getting used to it myself).

Ruksac

Follower
Reactions
I literally had a customer give a slight scream when she was startled by the feedback force. It was pretty funny.

RDS

Fan
Reactions
Absolutely love the whole design , in my opinion it looks better than Lexus NX , or what I first expect on the fourth generation Lexus RX ... I wish "RX200t" will be launch in Asia to replace the RX270 that kinda make no sense for tax-heavy country . Anyone know if the LFA-style gauge is only for certain model like F-Sport only ?

Reactions
I'm surprised by how similar it looked like the renderings from the Japanese magazines. Someone must have been leaking information to them.