Next-Generation Lexus RX to Debut New Safety System+ Package

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-03-30-lexus-rx-safety-system-plus-400x200.jpg

The new package will integrate several of the brand's existing active safety technologies.
View the original article post

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Very exciting stuff. Now I want to see the rest of the RX!

Reactions: CIF

mikeavelli

Reactions
Seeing how the competition is promoting safety tech aka"I'm not paying attention and save my life please" this makes sense. Interested to see what this all entails....

Michael

Fan
Reactions
Lexus should offer the Adaptive Front Lighting System for the 2016 Alexus RX .

Reactions
Would they still be offering the eye detection? The system that monitors your eyes if you're falling asleep or turning away?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
awesome news... $635 max for all of that, amazing.

Agreed -- from my preliminary research, similar systems from the German manufacturers are well above $2000. Amazing value, particularly in vehicles like the CT/IS/ES.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Agreed -- from my preliminary research, similar systems from the German manufacturers are well above $2000. Amazing value, particularly in vehicles like the CT/IS/ES.

yep... around $3000 when available, and only MB has auto-brake systems widely available (from last few months).

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
yep... around $3000 when available, and only MB has auto-brake systems widely available (from last few months).

I've been critical at times at the speed of Toyota/Lexus development, but this new safety package could very well be a sign of things changing -- I'm reminded of last week's press release about the next-generation modular platform:

Commenting on progress made so far, Toyota President Akio Toyoda said: "I want 2015 to be a year in which we take steady and bold steps toward sustainable growth. We can do this by launching new models that incorporate TNGA, and making good use of this intentional pause to strengthen our competitiveness. Based on the new management structure we announced this month, it is important that we improve our true competitiveness, including strengthening our human resources. We aim to be a company that grows sustainably―a tree with a strong trunk."