Lexus Sales in Germany Up 171% This Year

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-06-12-lexus-nx-rx-germany.jpg

The total sales volume may be small, but the growth is impressive.
View the original article post

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Toyota as a whole has been struggling in Germany ever since recession and pedal recalls.... so this is good but needs to be 5x better in best car market in Europe.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Can anyone post the breakdown chart? I would assume you need to register at Toyota Deutschland.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
@spwolf
NX & RX. yes
CT not this year
But what I am sure about it GS sales are over the IS sales

nah, GS, LS, RC very small sales... you can actually find some quartely Lexus EU sales easily... not german ones since they are so low, they dont track under top 50 or top 100 lists. Russia and UK are most important markets. Germany is very bad for Toyota Europe, 50% less market share than in EU.

Lexus highlights in Q1 2017 (EUROPE):

• Top sellers: NX Range (6,500); RX Range (4,500); CT 200h (2,400)

• Top gainers: RX (+11%); GX (+8%); NX (+2%)

• Top hybrids: NX Hybrid (4,800); CT200h (2,400) ; RX Hybrid (2,100)

• Total hybrid sales: 11,900 (-2% year-on-year)

• Hybrid mix: West Europe : 99% - East Europe : 7% - TTL : 65%

http://newsroom.toyota.eu/toyota-mo...ontinue-to-surge-with-50-increase-in-q1-2017/

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I was comparing GS and IS
Those exact 2 names
Because I saw a lot more GS than IS here

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Can anyone post the breakdown chart? I would assume you need to register at Toyota Deutschland.

I don't see a link for the breakdown chart -- I could talk to Germany PR, but have my doubts that they will provide exact numbers.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
I was curious about GS really. It looks like 1:2 ratio compared to IS which is a good thing. That ratio in US is close to 1:4

mikeavelli

Reactions
A big part of German sales in Germany and Europe are fleet. They sell HUGE to fleet customers. Lexus I doubt ever goes that route.

Well, you don't have to ;) Here you are.

View attachment 2438

Awesome! I laugh when people think SUVs and CUV's are just some American thing. I was just in Europe again and you see a ton of SUVs and CUVs now. I saw so many CH-R's already.

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
Awesome! I laugh when people think SUVs and CUV's are just some American thing. I was just in Europe again and you see a ton of SUVs and CUVs now. I saw so many CH-R's already.

Indeed, the SUV hype is running at full blast here in Europe. Toyota C-HR is selling big time! Can't wait to have a small SUV in our Lexus line-up...
NX is also one of the first Lexus models I can remember not dropping in sales performance after the first full sales year. ;):cool:

mikeavelli

Reactions
Indeed, the SUV hype is running at full blast here in Europe. Toyota C-HR is selling big time! Can't wait to have a small SUV in our Lexus line-up...
NX is also one of the first Lexus models I can remember not dropping in sales performance after the first full sales year. ;):cool:

Agreed, seems the NX has hit a nice spot there. UX should do well next.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

UX should do really well too... most important is brand visibility and support for the dealers so they can be more profitable and spread into more areas...