Lexus May 2017 Sales Report

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-06-01-lexus-lc-first-month-sales.jpg

The LC flagship coupe sells 419 in its first month at the dealership.
View the original article post

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Part of me wants to say, "Lexus really needs to revamp their sedan lineup and get them to market ASAP."

The other part of me says, "It wouldn't matter since nobody is buying sedans anyway."

Regardless, I assume UX is being fast tracked above anything else. And it should be.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Updated the post with Canada figures:

Lexus Canada recorded its eleventh straight month of record sales, with 2,282 units sold. This is 11.9% increase over last year.

The LC also started sales in Canada, with 11 units sold. On the flip side, the Lexus RX was the big seller — the midsize crossover sold 833 units, a 24% increase over last year.

Here’s a full model-by-model breakdown in PDF format.

LDeleuran

Fan
Reactions
Worth noting is that the LC is supply constrained and will likely remain so for the next 3 years due to the limitation in how fast they can be produced.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
IS sales keep dropping
So will the smart guys at Japan will think to cancel the next generation of it as they cancelled the CT and rumours about cancelling the GS

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
NX sales were amazing again. IS sales reflect more than weak sedan segment, because Mercedes C-class and BMW 3/4 series sales were huge in same month when compared to IS.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
NX sales were amazing again.

Yes, they are impressive, but I don't think they will catch up to the RX. The RX, like the ES, has become a Lexus institution.

What is even more interesting, IMO, is that the Lexus marketers are dumping the American-market CT when the LX, RC, GS, LS, and LC (talk about alphabet-soup LOL) all have substantially lower sales. Perhaps the non-U.S.-market sales are more of a factor.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Yes, they are impressive, but I don't think they will catch up to the RX. The RX, like the ES, has become a Lexus institution.

New/current gen RX sales continue to be a strong (mid lux) class leader, easily outselling bland previous gen RX. NX sales already outsell the ES ("a fading Lexus institution"). NX is well on its way with (compact lux) near class leading sales.

Last edited:

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
New/current gen RX sales continue to be a strong (mid lux) class leader, easily outselling bland previous gen RX.

I thought both the new and old versions were quite well-refined and had nice road-manners, but there's no question the styling on the new one is far bolder and more polarizing.

NX sales already outsell the ES ("a fading Lexus institution"). NX is well on its way with (compact lux) near class leading sales.

Except for its lower price-of-entry than most RX models, I don't quite see the general fascination with the NX. IMO it is well-finished, like all Lexus models, but, by Lexus standards, lacks refinement, insulation, and ride-comfort. Some have also complained about its four-cylinder engine noise. Of course, on the other hand, I'll be the first to admit I'm not part of its target buying-audience....so my opinions on this specific issue probably don't matter.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
IS sales keep dropping
So will the smart guys at Japan will think to cancel the next generation of it as they cancelled the CT and rumours about cancelling the GS

Guess they should go ahead and drop RC, LS and LX while they're at it, since we're only about volume now a days.

2020 Lexus lineup:

UX
NX
RX
ES
LC for halo value

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Except for its lower price-of-entry than most RX models, I don't quite see the general fascination with the NX. IMO it is well-finished, like all Lexus models, but, by Lexus standards, lacks refinement, insulation, and ride-comfort.

Yeah, I had the same general reaction to driving an NX. The interior's decent for the price point, but it drives and handles like a Toyota, not a Lexus.

mikeavelli

Reactions
The summer months should be good for the lC, going into the aggressive December to Remember...then the LS comes next year..

The Volume sedans still seem to be a ways off...ES first?