Lexus May Add Station Wagon to the Future Lineup

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-05-08-lexus-ls-500.jpg

Lexus global branding chief Tokuo Fukuichi thinks a station wagon would work for Lexus.
View the original article post

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Give me an F version and I buy it tomorrow.

me too!

The idea of looking to the Porsche Panamera approach is a good one: - really just translates into a F model for the LS. Lexus can do this and there are plenty of us who would go for it. He is right, though. -A standard 3 box sedan has a limited future. You need more than that. LS F, a GS on GAL with TT engines, and GS F very high tuned and TT engine (although the NA powered current GS F is a work of art that will be a collector's item). Go Lexus!

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
After all my angst reading about the death of the GS and CT, finally some potential good news from Lexus. I would far rather have a wagon (and call it a shooting break because that sounds so much better) than a SUV.

Reactions
Has anyone heard anything more about this wagon business? I’ve been waiting for a new Lexus station wagon since the IS Sportcross!

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Yes, bring back the IS Sportcross in the F version...

Lexus can still keep the SUV's and CUV's...they aren't going anywhere...

Reactions
Yes, bring back the IS Sportcross in the F version...

Lexus can still keep the SUV's and CUV's...they aren't going anywhere...

Exactly. I want good handling/performance AND cargo space. I live in a country where station wagons are very popular and I would love to see a new Sportcross to compete with Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Volvo etc.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Not sure if yall paid attention but the RS6 Aant coming here made serious headlines and got people talking. Obviously it will be limited in quantity and expensive BUT it is coming next winter. I honestly am considering it as a dad wagon.

We can only dream of a Lexus F wagon but how cool would that be.

Reactions
Not sure if yall paid attention but the RS6 Aant coming here made serious headlines and got people talking. Obviously it will be limited in quantity and expensive BUT it is coming next winter. I honestly am considering it as a dad wagon.

We can only dream of a Lexus F wagon but how cool would that be.

We shouldn't dream of things that Lexus can't and will never do. Aren't you guys tired of dreaming and listening to the stupid false hopes from Lexus? "We might do it", "we're SERIOUSLY thinking about it", "we have some in testing and are in development", "we will see how the economy goes", etc. I'm sick of it.

Get an E-Class Wagon or an A6 Avant. Won't be as reliable, but they've came a long way in terms of dependability. Only the GS F, LC and LS interest me. They barely have anything of substance.

If you couldn't tell, yeah. I've given up on this brand.

Reactions
I'd just be happy if the Sportcross came back, F or no F.
Probably even better if it's not a F-model. More affordable and more suitable for daily driving. Just as long as they don't build it on the ES platform!

I drive a 2018 IS300h today and the only thing that could make it better is if it was a wagon.

This rendering looks absolutely fantastic!

11-07-14-2012-lexus-gs-wagon.jpg

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
Next CT to be wagon? Levorg like Lexus based on Corolla Touring. Then CT would differ from UX and brand will gain different kind of customer Base. Wild guessing and fun thought game don't critisize me :) Honestly I would like ES tourer so Europe could get also Camry tourer.

Will1991

Reactions
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Camry is largely based on the Avalon, a bigger car, not the Camry. It would be hard to get a wagon since it would be closer to a SUV price-wise.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Yes, bring back back the IS Sportcross wagon and bring in an all new GS Sportcross wagon as well...I would love the extra room and looks kool...

Reactions
We shouldn't dream of things that Lexus can't and will never do. Aren't you guys tired of dreaming and listening to the stupid false hopes from Lexus? "We might do it", "we're SERIOUSLY thinking about it", "we have some in testing and are in development", "we will see how the economy goes", etc. I'm sick of it.

No, I'm not tired of dreaming. I like dreaming and fantasizing. It's what keeps me going in life, wether it's about cars, work, hobbies or whatever.

Sure, there's a lot of talk and not so much action, but as I said earlier... I like to dream!