First Production Lexus LC Rolls Off Assembly Line in Japan

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-04-24-lexus-lc-line-off.jpg

48 LC coupes will be built per day at the Motomachi plant.
View the original article post

PeterF

Follower
Reactions

very cool!!!

Any idea exactly what date that first car came off the line? 4-19? 4-23, I think I saw a 4-23 in the top corner of the report (amid Japanese characters), but its not clear if that's the day it came off the line, or the day they created the report doc (4-23 is Sunday). I had heard that the first came off the line on 4-19. Just curious if anyone knows

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
Nothing forgotten? Even for this picture / video.... :no_mouth:

upload_2017-4-25_18-19-44.png

Reactions: Den

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Nothing forgotten? Even for this picture / video.... :no_mouth:

View attachment 2226

I believe this is the towing port. The port also was exposed (port cover off) on the LCs shown in the pictures of the first LCs arriving in the NY port (earlier news story). Others have pointed out that these are used to attach towing lines or, more likely, devices to secure the car during transport. The covers are simply attached after transport. So, nothing forgotten. :)

Reactions: RAL

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
I believe this is the towing port. The port also was exposed (port cover off) on the LCs shown in the pictures of the first LCs arriving in the NY port (earlier news story). Others have pointed out that these are used to attach towing lines or, more likely, devices to secure the car during transport. The covers are simply attached after transport. So, nothing forgotten. :)

I know this is for transport reason, see how it looks for the IS.
But they could have done better for this 'promotion' video, don't you think.
upload_2017-4-25_21-15-50.png

Reactions: Den

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
View attachment 2227

actually I don't think this is an official promotion video. The video was taken by someone at the plant Shinya Yamamoto and was posted on his facebook page. then I believe the website "Response" reposted it with some commentary. If you click on Shinya's name above it will take you right to his facebook page.

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
View attachment 2227

Quality of the video doesn't look professional and the vantage point is with the audience, doesn't look like its a promotional video.

But still looks great rolling off the line. LC looks great rolling anywhere with those 21s

Benny1908

Fan
Reactions
According to lexus.com the curb weight of the LC500h is 4435lb/2011kg, so it's 323lb/146kg heavier than the GS450h but almost a second faster to 60.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Production did begin in March, but of course lead time for a car like this results in the first fully assembled model rolling off many weeks later.

Not many are aware of the difference between SOP and that of the first built examples rolling off assembly, as production of parts needs to take place before final assembly. That is where exotics and ultralux cars differ greatly from your average commuter/family car, in requiring higher lead time for production.

The white 500hs seen in early March, we're definitely pilot builds as I had believed.