Status
Not open for further replies.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-03-16-lexus-is-200t-400x200.jpg

Lexus Australia CEO Sean Hanley strongly suggests that the new Lexus 2.0L four-cylinder turbo engine will be coming to the IS & GS.
View the original article post

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I look very forward to seeing this engine in the IS, GS and RC. Lexus mentioned it was easily tunable for different applications, so that definitely opens up some possibilities!

oem_is300

Founding Member
Reactions
I would love to see it in the IS. Really hoping they look into pairing a manual transmission with it too

ThePenguin

Follower
Reactions
This engine in the IS would be an absolute blast. It's already fun in the heavier NX so I can only imagine how it would feel in the IS.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I look very forward to seeing this engine in the IS, GS and RC. Lexus mentioned it was easily tunable for different applications, so that definitely opens up some possibilities!

I wonder about this. It was the same thing with the RC F & GS F, where we were expecting a boost in HP for the GS F but it remained the same. If Lexus does pull more power from the 2.0L turbo, wouldn't it make sense for it to be applied to the NX as well?

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I look forward as well. It appears the 200t will be placed in many Lexus models.

IS 200t which will replace the IS 250
GS 200t which will replace the GS 250
RC 200t in which we never had an RC 250
RX 200t which will replace the RX 270
ES 200t? maybe to replace the ES 250
NX 200t which was the first petrol turbo Lexus model

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Agreed with Lasse and krew. That would be an awesome engine for the Yaris. It would coincide with Toyota's entry back in WRC after so many years. Maybe a Yaris rally edition? I wonder what markets would such a variant appear in though? Rumour is that for North America, Toyota is replacing the Yaris with a Mazda 2-based variant, which is based on some deal Toyota made with Mazda. Something personally which I don't quite understand.

Yeah krew you're right. The RC F engine was supposed to be tunable, and the real world example of this is the RC F GT3 (although I guess there are no major fuel economy or emissions worries there). The fact does stand though, we know the engine is capable of more, yet tuning was not changed for the GS F. I hope the 2.0T really is as tunable as has been mentioned.

Reactions
In stock form I'm guessing it won't be any more than 250hp/250tq .....or else they run into the problem of stepping on the IS350s toes

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
In stock form I'm guessing it won't be any more than 250hp/250tq .....or else they run into the problem of stepping on the IS350s toes

The IS350, personally speaking, is also due for a powertrain upgrade. I hope it gets one soon.

The IS 200t could be a favorite in its class...... Really looking forward to the V-6 and V-8 with FI

Yeah I'm with you there.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I wonder about this. It was the same thing with the RC F & GS F, where we were expecting a boost in HP for the GS F but it remained the same. If Lexus does pull more power from the 2.0L turbo, wouldn't it make sense for it to be applied to the NX as well?

I think it's a little easier to tune and add power to a turbocharged engine, and with GS/RC being a little more expensive than NX/IS, I can see them warranting a few extra ponies under the hood. With that said, the NX is the heaviest of the lot and the most in need of that extra power!

235hp/258lb-ft is already very solid for something weighing ~3,700lbs. Heck, the last gen GS 300 was less powerful than that and nobody complained too loudly. If Lexus could do 250hp/265lb-ft for GS and RC, that would be great!

Juergen

Founding Member
Reactions
Toyota Germany say today:

The Lexus IS 200t come to the dealers in October 2015.
Some spec's
245PS (180kw)
350 Nm
8speed transmission like RC F
7 sec to 100km/h
7 litre/100km

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Good info!
For those of us who measure in horsepower and torque, that would be...

241hp
258 lb-ft of torque

It may very well be the exact same unit as the NX 200t.

Most interesting to me is the news that an entry level 3.0L V6 will be introduced for the IS, GS and RC and paired exclusively with AWD. Seems like Lexus, for some reason, doesn't want to pair the 2.0T with AWD in these three applications.

IS 200t
IS 300 AWD
IS 350

RC 200t
RC 300 AWD
RC 350
RC F

GS 200t
GS 300 AWD
GS 350
GS F

I'm just not sure if AWD will still be available on the "350" models.

Reactions: CIF
Status
Not open for further replies.