Lexus LC 500h Fuel Economy: 35 MPG on the Highway

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-03-28-lexus-lc-hybrid-mpg.jpg

Better fuel economy and more horsepower than the GS 450h.
View the original article post

Reactions
I spent good time after school scouring the options packages that the LC had to offer. It's not too bad, but maybe perhaps a TVD and extra power in the Performance package. But be careful: Lexus's fuel economy ratings are even worse in the real world. Most of the ratings on the website are usually taken with a grain of salt. That said, the projected fuel economy is impressive.

Last edited:

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
Honestly for me its a huge selling point. I must be getting old but I would at this point much prefer the hybrid. I find this stunning.

Bodes well for the LS!

I agree, I may be getting old too (30?) but I do prefer the hybrid. I've never been a huge fan of big HP but I've been a fan of efficient technology so I'm naturally leaning toward the hybrid (wow 35mpg and 4.7 second 0-60!) but honestly, at the end of the day the sound will also play a big part in the decision making process.

I'm waiting until late 2017 to see what the market looks like before I pull the trigger on an LC.\

Last edited:

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I still don't know why Lexus is insisted copying the Germans even in their naming
Why didn't name it 350h as 3.5l + hybrid
The 3.5 TT to be 350TT instead of 500
The number was always referring to the engine capacity
What is the gaining of copying the German naming?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Honestly for me its a huge selling point. I must be getting old but I would at this point much prefer the hybrid. I find this stunning.

Bodes well for the LS!

something that needs to be mentioned is that this is under newer EPA rules (2017?) that are more strict than before... i read it somewhere about another Toyota but not sure what are the differences exactly.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I agree, I may be getting old too (30?) but I do prefer the hybrid. I've never been a huge fan of big HP but I've been a fan of efficient technology so I'm naturally leaning toward the hybrid (wow 35mpg and 4.7 second 0-60!) but honestly, at the end of the day the sound will also play a big part in the decision making process.

The LC 500 drives a like a caged animal -- there's almost nothing relaxing about it until you get up to highway speed. The LC 500h is more subdued, much more manageable. Hybrid would be my preference as well.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I spent good time after school scouring the options packages that the LC had to offer. It's not too bad, but maybe perhaps a TVD and extra power in the Performance package. But be careful: Lexus's fuel economy ratings are even worse in the real world. Most of the ratings on the website are usually taken with a grain of salt. That said, the projected fuel economy is impressive.

In my experience, Lexus is truer to their EPA ratings than many other brands. Hybrids, especially, can be dicey... but 35MPG is very, very impressive.