Inside the Lexus LC Manufacturing Plant in Japan

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-03-21-lexus-lc-inside-motomachi.jpg

The LC is built at the Motomachi plant, the same facility where the LFA was made.
View the original article post

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
This video was a little disappointing to me, honestly. I've seen some other Lexus videos over the years about employees going through an anti-static process, a room that blows strong air towards them to remove lint and excess fibers from clothes, etc. More detail on the paint and finishing process, craftsmanship of the leather, dash and details.

The video was just rather sparse on details, IMO, and that's what makes this car - and this factory - great.

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
Agreed disappointing video with little detail info could have been much better. Car does look amazing though wish it well hope it bolsters the Sales figures which are of concern at the moment.
Any more news on the possible discontinue of the GS?

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
While the video is disappointing because it can provide more details, the article provides some good ideas about how LC is made. The english translation is not too bad.

Learn something from the article --- 30cm between light sources for inspection. Vertical lines of light to see any deformation of the body.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
This video was a little disappointing to me, honestly. I've seen some other Lexus videos over the years about employees going through an anti-static process, a room that blows strong air towards them to remove lint and excess fibers from clothes, etc. More detail on the paint and finishing process, craftsmanship of the leather, dash and details.

While I definitely agree the video could have had more detail, it was from Lexus Japan -- any further detail would have been in Japanese and a complete mystery to most of us. Lexus Japan isn't in the habit of providing subtitles. :mad:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Lexus Europe recently translated and republished a Japan-only article on the Motomachi plant where the LC is built -- figured it was a good time to feature it again.