krew
17-02-23-lexus-gs-f-bmw-m5-chris-harris.jpg

A fun way to spend 15 minutes.
View the original article post

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Great review, thanks for sharing.

Reviews and comparisons of this car have rolled out slowly since inception, but I think the GS F has been one of the most positively reviewed Lexus vehicles ever. The verdict is always the same: it's not the fastest or the highest tech, but it is the best to drive.

Personally, I'm happy with that.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Great review, thanks for sharing.

Reviews and comparisons of this car have rolled out slowly since inception, but I think the GS F has been one of the most positively reviewed Lexus vehicles ever. The verdict is always the same: it's not the fastest or the highest tech, but it is the best to drive.

Personally, I'm happy with that.

Bingo. Being as unbiased as I can, it is one of the best all around driving & engaging cars around, IMO.

Lexus_GSF_VPS-302T_1cccc201.jpg

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions

This is overstating the point a bit, but reviews for the GS F remind me of how the LFA was received -- it wasn't the fastest in the segment, it was extremely expensive, but it had a character all of its own.

The GS F is currently my favorite model in the lineup. I'd be nervous about the horsepower in the snow, but it's the car I want most in my driveway.

Tinhinnh

Follower
Reactions
The Next IS-F (an if) with this motor would be a blast! (yes its basically the same engine as in the last isf).

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Good review but I still think it's funny how they compare the best M5 you can get to the GSF. I mean GSF is great but compare it to the M5 not the competition M5. Apples to apple rt? Oh well GSFF next lol

Reactions
Even the new 540i XDrive can keep up with the GS F, but it's under 60K :|. The GS F i 84K, and by then it's at CTS-V territory. Lexus needs to keep up with the times, and higher than the quota. That was Lexus's old way of business, wasn't it?

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Even the new 540i XDrive can keep up with the GS F, but it's under 60K :|. The GS F i 84K, and by then it's at CTS-V territory. Lexus needs to keep up with the times, and higher than the quota. That was Lexus's old way of business, wasn't it?
yeah, one of my favourite things about Lexus used to be that the cars were able to compete with the Germans with a better price

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions

That's not really a fair comparison. A Camaro SS keeps up with a GS F and costs $38k... the comparisons go on with ___ vehicle at ___ price vs. ___ vehicle at ___ price.

A $58k 540i X Drive doesn't come with metallic paint, heated seats, cooled seats, rear view camera with parking guide lines, premium audio, blind spot monitor, and I assume if you're trying to square off with a GS F, you'd want the M Sport package.

To equip the cars somewhat similarly, you're looking at a $75,000 540i X Drive.

Reactions
The GS and IS models deserve a lot more treatment. What I call the the best chassis in their respective classes receives a weak engine for its handling prowess. They're seriously underrated and Lexus needs to revive the IS F and give the GS F their TT V6, and rename the GS F the GS 500 F sport.

Reactions
Chop 20k off the price tag, and rename it the GS 500 F sport so that they don't pick on this car.....

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Chop 20k off the price tag, and rename it the GS 500 F sport so that they don't pick on this car.....

I don't think the GS F has been picked on -- in fact, I'd say it's been very well received. Lexus engineers clearly had a vision when they were building it, and that vision doesn't necessarily jive with a horsepower war.

This is just a general comment, and not specifically directed at you -- but I honestly don't get the obsession with numbers. I'll admit Lexus should have pushed the RC F/GS F engine a little harder, but I don't think you can judge a vehicle on horsepower alone.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I don't think the GS F has been picked on -- in fact, I'd say it's been very well received. Lexus engineers clearly had a vision when they were building it, and that vision doesn't necessarily jive with a horsepower war.

This is just a general comment, and not specifically directed at you -- but I honestly don't get the obsession with numbers. I'll admit Lexus should have pushed the RC F/GS F engine a little harder, but I don't think you can judge a vehicle on horsepower alone.

This....100% agree