Lexus GS F SPORT Featured in New USA Commercial

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-02-13-lexus-gs-commercial.jpg

A rare TV appearance for the sport sedan.
View the original article post

ydooby

Follower
Reactions
I won't lie: I am not a fan of the change of tagline. The Pursuit of Perfection is way better than Experience Amazing. Just my opinion.
The old tagline had its day, but:
1. It created unrealistically high expectations for Lexus customers, to the point that when anything less than absolute perfect happened, the customers would feel disappointed and even mock the tagline as false. I've seen that happened for too many times. Better under-promise and over-deliver than the other way around.
2. Perfection sounded cold and emotionless. While that did use to describe the qualities of Lexus cars rather fittingly, it is no longer the direction the Lexus under Akio Toyoda's management is after, which is more about the driving/riding experience. That is, rather than perfecting the quantifiable specs and stats, Lexus is now focusing more on the intangibles that one can only experience through actually driving or riding in a Lexus car.

That brings us to Lexus' two recent slogans, "Amazing in Motion" and "Experience Amazing", the former emphasizing the driving/riding, and the latter, the experience, with the common word "amazing" evoking the kind of emotion Lexus wants its customers to experience. Both are great taglines that describe what defines the new Lexus, but both fall short of painting the full picture. IMHO the better tagline would simply be a combination of the two: Experience Amazing in Motion. (You're welcome, Lexus.)

Last edited:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Just a quick update: Maurice LaMarche, not James Remar, was the previous "Voice of Lexus". Post has been updated.

Reactions
Thank you, krew. Unfortunately, the link for your favorite spot that was voiced by me doesn't seem to be working. In lieu of that spot's availability, might I offer my own pick for my best work for them? The tribute video Lexus did for Hiromu Naruse, their legendary test driver who tragically died in a crash on his way home from Nürburgring test track.

RAL

Reactions
Thank you, krew. Unfortunately, the link for your favorite spot that was voiced by me doesn't seem to be working. In lieu of that spot's availability, might I offer my own pick for my best work for them? The tribute video Lexus did for Hiromu Naruse, their legendary test driver who tragically died in a crash on his way home from Nürburgring test track.

Wow ... what a moving and fitting tribute you gave him!

Reactions
How are they using Minnie Driver as the new voice? I recall this incident last year with her neighbor in the Hills...not sure if that BMW is in her driveway.

Reactions
Just a quick update: Maurice LaMarche, not James Remar, was the previous "Voice of Lexus". Post has been updated.
Thank you, Krew. I posted a link to my personal favorite work for Lexus above, i.e. their Hiromu Naruse tribute, which I was honored to voice. Also, as a point of clarification, James Remar, an incredibly talented actor, and a friend, succeeded the legendary Jim Sloyan, the original Voice of Lexus, in 2008, and I then succeeded James in 2009. Some have thought I was doing an impression of Mr. Sloyan when I started doing the spots, but if anyone wants to know what my real voice sounds like (as I've been known to perform quite a few larger-than-life animated characters, which a couple of gentleman here have been kind enough to refer to), I'll tell you that my Voice of Lexus is basically me at my most relaxed and confident. With a product like Lexus, it was easy to be so.
And by the way, I'm really enjoying the site!

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Thank you, Krew. I posted a link to my personal favorite work for Lexus above, i.e. their Hiromu Naruse tribute, which I was honored to voice. Also, as a point of clarification, James Remar, an incredibly talented actor, and a friend, succeeded the legendary Jim Sloyan, the original Voice of Lexus, in 2008, and I then succeeded James in 2009. Some have thought I was doing an impression of Mr. Sloyan when I started doing the spots, but if anyone wants to know what my real voice sounds like (as I've been known to perform quite a few larger-than-life animated characters, which a couple of gentleman here have been kind enough to refer to), I'll tell you that my Voice of Lexus is basically me at my most relaxed and confident. With a product like Lexus, it was easy to be so.
And by the way, I'm really enjoying the site!

Have to say, this is really amazing to have you stop by Lexus Enthusiast. Thanks for all the work you've done!