Visit our Gloomy Autonomous Future in this New Lexus IS Commercial

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-01-24-lexus-is-commercial-canada.jpg

Lexus Canada pulls no punches in their new commercial.
View the original article post

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
TBH I feel like they mocked the future of driving cars because the IS didn't have as many self-driving features and safety features as it's competition.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
This is especially great as a Lexus Canada commercial since it's kind of a sideways swipe of Rush's thematically similar 1981 classic "Red Barchetta".

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
The commercial sums up nicely my long-time "fear" as a driving enthusiast. Enjoy it while it lasts! I am.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
TBH I feel like they mocked the future of driving cars because the IS didn't have as many self-driving features and safety features as it's competition.

The point of the ad (and it is a valid one) is that a lot of drivers don't want, and WON'T want, self-driving features.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
This is what Lexus should have used for the Super Bowl... not the Sia music video.

Agreed. Can you just imagine (healthy and uninjured) NFL players running around in self-driving cars LOL? They'd get laughed right off the street.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
I was driving around the downtown Toronto area and I noticed a billboard advertisement for the new IS that read:
AUTONOMY NOT AUTONOMOUS
Whatever that means...