Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-12-05-lexus-is-lit-led-video.jpg

The LEDs respond to music and motion.
View the original article post

Reactions
I feel like Lexus is misguided in their marketing efforts/products lately, but this is SOOOO much better than the Sriacha IS, and I'm sure it'll get more attention too.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
smh THIS is what should have been at the LA Auto Show :mad::sob::weary_face::tired_face:

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
If Lexus REALLY wanted to attract the millennial crowd, this definitely would have been the ideal car, rather than the Sriracha IS. First of all the name, LIT, which is a very favorite word for the millennials. And also this would be a really cool car to arrive at a party in when there is music.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I think they cleverly showed off some unnamed tech there, as well. Responding to the guy's gestures is the sort of thing you could do pretty easily with an autonomous driving sensor array...

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
If Lexus REALLY wanted to attract the millennial crowd, this definitely would have been the ideal car, rather than the Sriracha IS. First of all the name, LIT, which is a very favorite word for the millennials. And also this would be a really cool car to arrive at a party in when there is music.

As someone who is apparently a "millennial" I hate the term "millennial", I hate the term LIT and I hate the way they're trying to do to sell the car.

Lexus is trying to make sure that the young crowd develop a love for their cars that they can push that "love" down to their children and children's children. Sort of like how, if your parent(s) loved Mercedes therefore you're a Mercedes family, or a Volvo family, etc...

The problem is, in today's world, globalization got rid of that. I have access to whatever car I want and I can hate or love whatever car I want at anytime. I have access to reviews, online videos, I can see the car in person, test drive it and form an opinion all from within 50 miles of my house.

The Apple fanboys are now switching to Android based phones. The PC crowd is buying Apple products. Gamers adopt the best platform that suites their needs. Why are cars different?

If Lexus wants to make the young crowd fall in love with their cars, they need to go back to basics. Not back in time to 1999 when they were trying to sell their first IS. Back to basics as in, what is a car? What is an entry level luxury car? What do people love? What do people hate? What do people want? Listen to us!

Their designs need to become as basic as their 2nd generation IS but the technology and power as mind-blowing as possible.

When I look at a car, I want an aggressive looking sports car, like the old IS F, with all the technology and horsepower; oh wait, that's the LFA. When I look at a the current IS, I see a car that could have been but isn't and you're shoving it down my throat and I will continue to spit it out.

Sorry for always being negative on this forum but someone has to be and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Sorry for always being negative on this forum but someone has to be and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

You don't have to :), its a choice.

To me it was an exercise in something different and while it didn't immediately appeal to me after talking with a few people I saw the appeal. Most I've shown it to think its cool. To a car enthusiast, they might cry foul because it isn't in the limited box of racing/drifting etc like ever car ad should be.

The IS has sold better than any model before it. Lexus must have done something right. It does drive very well compared to most in this class, its quite engaging even stock. Would I love to see an IS F like you? Absolutely!