The All-New Lexus LC: First Drive in Spain

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-12-02-lexus-lc-first-drive.jpg

Everything's under wraps until next week, but here are a couple photos in the meantime!
View the original article post

Black Dynamite

Follower
Reactions
I like the new LC, but I'm not in love. The chrome strip at the top of the grille is missing, and that throws off the entire front end for me.
Like a hot chick with a Michale Strahan-gap between her two front teefus!
IT'S HAUNTING ME......
BD

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
Sat in the LC recently and really loved it, looking forward to testing driving it and possibly getting one next summer. If the media embargo is lifted 12/8, does that mean all official pricing and dates, details will be released as well? Can't wait to see your review! Especially of the Hybrid

RAL

Reactions
Like a kid on Christmas Eve ... can't wait for you to "unwrap" it on Thursday Kevin ...

Last edited:

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
He talks about the embargo in the video, so I guess it's OK with Lexus? Still seems weird, but I won't say no to a sneak preview.

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
I love everything about this car. Now the problem is, do I buy the first iteration or wait until the revision?

For me, I'm not waiting, I'm going for the LC possibly blue on white (if they have white interior, which they should) and when that lease is over maybe going into the new LS or the MB CLS.

The sound in that Burgundy LC, wow that is an amazing sound. I really wanted to go with Hybrid but the sound may also play a small factor in my decision making process. I have no doubt they'll also make the sound great on the hybrid as well though.

oem_is300

Founding Member
Reactions
Can't wait to your thoughts on the LC and how you think it fits with the current direction of Lexus. I'm really liking the LFA-influence on this car with some of the design features as well as the functional design Lexus incorporates into it. Watching those teasers has me really excited for this car.

mikeavelli

Reactions
The full embargo is Friday....I assume these videos are okay with them playing with the LC and not providing a full review.

Which means I need to drop my LC video from SEMA I've been sitting on :)

Reactions
I'm waiting for the new GS hybrid based on this new GA-L platform which from the facts online has an amazingly low Center of Mass/Gravity and is very light for its chassis strength/rigidity.And the new Multi-Stage Hybrid System with sub-5 sec 0-100 km/h with a 3.5 V6 sounds very promising.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I'm waiting for the new GS hybrid based on this new GA-L platform which from the facts online has an amazingly low Center of Mass/Gravity and is very light for its chassis strength/rigidity.And the new Multi-Stage Hybrid System with sub-5 sec 0-100 km/h with a 3.5 V6 sounds very promising.

I agree with much of what you said, but the LC is estimated to weigh 4,000+ lbs... that's not light by any stretch. Current GS is the lightest car in its class I think.

I am not expecting GA-L products to be light, unfortunately.