Modellista Releases Body Kit for Updated 2017 Lexus IS

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-10-25-lexus-is-modellista-2017.jpg

Another new body kit for the updated Lexus sports sedan.
View the original article post

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Looks great, and the rear looks so much better than the TRD Japan kit. And I've never seen quad or even double exhaust on a 300h before lol

Reactions
Speaking of "hideous" .... I went shopping for a used Lexus today and was disappointed at all the chrome trim, both interior and exterior, on them. I drove a 1999 LS for the past 7 years. It was a classy car with virtually no chrome. Do the brand new cars have so much chrome? How far back in model years do I have to go to escape this chrome? I wonder if the models sold in Japan are so loaded or if this is just for the American market. Any suggestions?

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
^ Chrome/brushed brightwork is used extensively on all luxury/premium cars today and it's largely expected, some automakers do it better than others.

Escaping chrome is easy for the few that want it off their luxury cars, via aftermarket. For example my custom tire/wheel shop does blackout treatment for a few hundred dollars, I've seen the results.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Yeah, chrome and brushed aluminum are in fashion right now, especially for luxury vehicles. I'm not a huge fan, but the amounts on current Lexus vehicles are acceptable to me. If they went all Tri-Five Chevy with the chrome I'd object, but we're nowhere near there yet.

Reactions
What happened to the companies like Vertex that designed a very stunning kit for the 2IS? I just don't see many 3IS owners doing kits as much, since a lot of them seem to be more into airbags and "stance".