Reactions
krew
16-10-26-lexus-ls-f-2018.jpg

611 horsepower twin-turbo V8 FTW.
View the original article post

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I pretty much love everything about this!

Front could use some work and of course the wheels will be different... but DAMN! YES!

Mk4UmHa

Founding Member
Reactions
If a TT V8 is true, no way it will be low on torque :D
You're right, but Lexus is just too conservative on the F, my LS430 has more low end than any Fs I drove. These Fs feel like it had turbo lag because they gimped the torque down low on purpose.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Omg totally just made my day! I know we have all been waiting for this how good are the sources that are saying this?!

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
This is great news! I really want to see what the production LS will look like though.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
But, even the new E 63 S has 603 hp from a TTV8! I hope that means that Lexus will also have some major weight savings.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Definitely a potential market for it among enthusiasts like those on this forum, but how much worldwide? :confused: That's a big question the marketers are going to try and have to decide.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
I think this picture above of the LS is the closest yet to what it will look like in production.
They should go after the concept's looks, like they did with the LF-LC
BD
No, it really does not and it is quite inaccurate, based on the hybrid variant I can compare it with. I cannot further elaborate on why yet, but even the rest of you can see this in the latest teaser. I have no idea why this rendering was so poorly done at this stage and looks more like a 4th facelift, than a genuine redesign.
The message here was the only thing of relevance, not the rendering. I have explained many times that they could do a not do another LF-concept conversion. The 200B concept influenced both LF-FC in late 2014 and frozen production body design earlier that year. It is much more challenging to engineer a production vehicle directly from an original design study or other advanced design work. That is again what makes the LC so novel, in being an engineering statement for Toyota managing to build tooling around such complex shapes.