The Updated 2017 Lexus IS Launches in Japan with Exclusive Interior Options

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-10-20-lexus-is-japan.jpg

Beautifully detailed interior trims, only for JDM.
View the original article post

Reactions: Den

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
Thanks for the info, Krew. Also read that from Lexus JP web site.

It is a pity to see the newly designed and premium LED headlights are not available in North America. Not to mention premium LED headlights are actually standard in Lexus Japan's offering, ie. the downgraded LED headlights are for North American market (not sure the situation about other countries) for the sake of a lower MSRP.

I think it is a sad decision for Lexus not to bring the premium LED options to North American markets --- it is not uncommon to see people in F-Sport trim (before facelift) complain about the poor illumination from the twin LED headlights without the JDM fogs. Premium LED headlights appear to fix the issue while totally removing fog lights in IS (both F-Sport and regular) and providing better illumination on the road.

To me, as a owner of regular 3IS, I hate to see the removal of fog lights while not having premium headlights in the facelifted models. For my pre-facelifted 3IS, I found the noticeable difference if I turn on my aftermarket LED fogs (Bellof Sirius Boldray, in case if anyone cares) with the twin LED headlights. So without premium headlights and without any kind of fog lights in facelifted regular IS, illumination on the road may be worse than before.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
These materials really need to come over to the NA market and it will let people see that Lexus is capable of good-looking and high-quality interiors

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
These materials really need to come over to the NA market and it will let people see that Lexus is capable of good-looking and high-quality interiors
Totally agreed. It is really strange to see the shortage of those options in overseas markets ( not just North America). Lexus portraits it's brand as a stylish and fashionable in Japan. The German auto makers allow customization and let the customers order and wait for months before delivery. Lexus is capable of allowing the same thing but probably due to different strategy to reduce its MSRP. Or they don't have the capacity to fulfill too many customized orders, so only reserving the customization to Japanese domestic market?

mikeavelli

Reactions
Thanks KREW for the info. Lexus really takes things to the next level in Japan.

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
Just a small remark, for your information: the displayed wheels are 17" and 18".;)
This one is the 17" version:

16-10-20-lexus-japan-options-4.jpg

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
Just a small remark, for your information: the displayed wheels are 17" and 18".;)
This one is the 17" version:

16-10-20-lexus-japan-options-4.jpg
I didn't delve into details and thought it is a 18" wheels for regular IS. Thanks for the info. For the appearance, it looks great because of interesting material contrast but wish Lexus ditches the use of machined polish. It is a pity to maintain, especially in countries with harsh winter. If I have this one, I only use it in summer. Also it is harder to repair in case there is a road rash or even debris from the road.