No Plans to Release Lexus Plug-in Hybrid?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-03-16-lexus-plugin-options-400x200.jpg

Lexus executive vice-president international Mark Templin says the company is not rushing to adopt plug-in technologies.
View the original article post

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
It is long rumored that next Prius (MY 2016) is getting better PHEV version as upgraded model worldwide... but he is completely right, as right now they are mostly used for tax incentive purposes or in the case of german manufacturers, for PR purpose where very little of them are actually produced (VW/Audi for instance).

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
It is long rumored that next Prius (MY 2016) is getting better PHEV version as upgraded model worldwide... but he is completely right, as right now they are mostly used for tax incentive purposes or in the case of german manufacturers, for PR purpose where very little of them are actually produced (VW/Audi for instance).

Makes sense, the Prius historically usually gets most of the latest hybrid innovations from Toyota first before other models.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
It is long rumored that next Prius (MY 2016) is getting better PHEV version as upgraded model worldwide...

I drove a Prius Plug-in a couple years back, and was not overly impressed. That said, I was able to drive alone in the commuter lane, and the tax incentives would have put the price close to the standard Prius.

Really though, it would not be difficult to improve on the current model. I just wonder how it will do competitively.