New Next-Generation Lexus CT Rendering is Near Perfect

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-10-17-lexus-ct-hatchback-second-gen.jpg

Now all Lexus needs to do is build the thing.
View the original article post

zema

Fan
Reactions
Interview (in Portuguese) with Alain Uyttenhoven, head of Lexus Europe

Google translator:

(...)
AM- As the CT200h, when there will be a new model in that it is a major segment and the current model already has a long cycle?

AU - I will not answer that question, but there will be other car in this segment. Many have speculated when we showed the first image of UX Concept that it was the CT200h's successor and I said no. Because there are two segments: there are those who want to sit lower and drive more sporty way and who feel safer going to a higher position. (...)

Source: http://automonitor.pt/2016/10/10/no...mais-caro-e-a-tecnologia-hibrida-mais-barata/

D

DDas

This is a look it needs - upscale for such a small vehicle. I refuse to believe the alternate rumors that it'll just die instead. Does anyone remember a long time ago (maybe a year or so) when that video was released of the design of some Lexus model (can't remember) and the camera scanned over the designer's work? Well, if you remember, there was a hatchback design on one of the sheets - new CT possibly. I am fully convinced the CT will live on. I just wish that separated LED DRL would not.

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
It looks SO good. The quote from Zelma gives me hope!

Reactions
I'm with you Krew...just build it!
But most importantly it needs a fun engine option. The 200t would be great.
I was always a fan of the current CT 200h except the powertrain (and some cheap bits on the inside). I always felt if Lexus would have just put a tiny bit more effort in it it would have done so much better in the US. Heck, I would have bought one. In my opinion the CT 200h F Sport is one of the best looking hatchbacks in it's class. And they have great handling.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
I don't think the separate LED DRLs work on this rendering. Maybe ES headlights?

C.Guenther

Founding Member
Reactions
It make sense. Because for young fresh people to have the UX, for more family oriented or older people to have this beautiful car (as a second car) :)

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
sorry for the following caps
LEXUS MUST NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE OF THE EUROPEAN AND RUIN THE FLAGSHIP BY MAKING THE LINEUP ALL WITH THE SAME DESIGN

honestly if it will look like this which already have a lot of design cues from LS front rendering and from the LC , it will be catastrophic thing for Lexus

Reactions
sorry for the following caps
LEXUS MUST NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE OF THE EUROPEAN AND RUIN THE FLAGSHIP BY MAKING THE LINEUP ALL WITH THE SAME DESIGN

honestly if it will look like this which already have a lot of design cues from LS front rendering and from the LC , it will be catastrophic thing for Lexus
I have to disagree. I think there needs to be a cohesive look. Now Audi, they make their cars look exactly the same just in different sizes(A4, A6, A8). So I understand where you are coming from.
How Lexus designs their vehicles is each car has it's own team, so they are given parameters to meet, but the RX and NX for example is easy to tell the difference even though they both share the same design language. Since this is a rendering, they've taken headlights from an RC and DRL's from an IS. I think it will look great when the designers put their own spin on it.

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
A really good effort, in fact the best for sometime - I do agree with comment regarding alternative power train need a petrol motor please. The sales I believe would have been better had an alternate motor been available in the existing CT which I think is also a good looking hatch.

Black Dynamite

Follower
Reactions
I wouldn't hold my breathe on the CT sticking around. If it developed a real following, sold 40k a year, then they could do both. But when they release the UC, nobody is gonna buy the CT. Americans like crossovers and don't like hatchbacks. Even if they put some real thunder under the hood, it still wouldn't sell.

I predict 2018 will be the last model year for it.
BD