Lexus LC to Reach USA Dealership by May 2017?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-09-02-lexus-lc-atomic-silver.jpg

The LC 500 will start at $90k in the USA, the LC hybrid will have a $10k premium over the gas version.
View the original article post

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
A few other notable updates from this article:

• The car will be offered in four trim levels: base, Touring, Sport, and Sport Plus.
  • Annual volumes will be low: about 5,000, appealing largely to male buyers.
  • The new flagship will compete with the BMW 650i, Mercedes-Benz S550 Coupe, Maserati GranTurismo, and even the smaller Jaguar F-Type and Porsche 911.
  • 52/48 weight distribution with a low center of gravity
  • The LC 500 and LC 500h will be built at the Lexus plant in Motomachi, Japan, a plant that makes limited-production vehicles such as the LFA sports car and the Toyota Mirai fuel-cell sedan.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I'd love to see both convertible and crossover versions, although in this market we'll probably only see the crossover.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I kinda think it would be cool for them to do an ultra lux version with the horizontal grille slats and a crazy interior with quilted leather, exotic wood, etc. More S Class Coupe than Sporty GT.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Absolutely right. Lexus is here again missing the boat...

Its crazy when you think of it...the original CLS 4 door "coupe" debuted what, nearly 10 years ago..now in a 2nd generation, having spawned
A7/6 series Gran Coupe even down to their own CLA.....

BMW debuted the X6 what 10 years ago as their 4 door SUV coupe and here they are in a second generation have spawned the GLE Coupe from Benz...now BMW has the X4 and Benz just debuted the GLC Coupe SUV...

Lexus has completely ignored and missed the boat here. Highly profitable, trendy cars made from common parts......

Crazy when you think of it.....

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
Its crazy when you think of it...the original CLS 4 door "coupe" debuted what, nearly 10 years ago..now in a 2nd generation, having spawned
A7/6 series Gran Coupe even down to their own CLA.....

BMW debuted the X6 what 10 years ago as their 4 door SUV coupe and here they are in a second generation have spawned the GLE Coupe from Benz...now BMW has the X4 and Benz just debuted the GLC Coupe SUV...

Lexus has completely ignored and missed the boat here. Highly profitable, trendy cars made from common parts......

Crazy when you think of it.....
They are focusing on practicality and playing it safe! Who cares about practicality nowadays? They should add two more doors to the LC and give it some funky name, add two more doors to the RC and even make an SUV from that sleek design.

The Lexus R&D team need to wake up and bring something new to the table. Even a coupe slotted below the RC and definitely more F cars (SUV also).

mikeavelli

Reactions
They are focusing on practicality and playing it safe! Who cares about practicality nowadays? They should add two more doors to the LC and give it some funky name, add two more doors to the RC and even make an SUV from that sleek design.

The Lexus R&D team need to wake up and bring something new to the table. Even a coupe slotted below the RC and definitely more F cars (SUV also).

It just occurred to me while being one of the biggest failures of all time even Acura had the ZDX 4 door coupe lol...

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
It just occurred to me while being one of the biggest failures of all time even Acura had the ZDX 4 door coupe lol...
Remember, it's all about status symbol. Acura is not in the same league as the top three. Put a Lexus, BMW or Mercedes logo on anything and it will sell! Cannot say the same about acura and infiniti.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Plus, I feel like a ZX would outsell the X6 or GLE Coupe because it will have the sleek design on its side for this segment. Even the people who hate Lexus Design will have to like it because SUV Coupes are pretty ugly anyways but that doesn't seem to stop the buyers from coming in.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
tumblr_inline_octr89SSWt1r79k32_500.gif

I don't give a flying damn about a convertible, but give me the X5 competitor I've been waiting a decade for!
Guys I am so confused. Is the RX an X5 competitor or X3 competitor? Make up your mind!!!

Reactions: Den

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Guys I am so confused. Is the RX an X5 competitor or X3 competitor? Make up your mind!!!
RX directly compared to an X5 especially with the third row seat coming here shortly. They just need a bigger faster engine badly in the RX to compare to the X5's speed.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Its is ridiculously shameful how uncreative car makers are. If every brand is in the same niche because the cars sell so well, they are no more niche vehicles.

Where is my niche vehicles BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, Toyota/Lexus, Nissan or any other brand? I am looking for a compact AWD 2 seat 2 door lifted shooting brake. The closest cars I know are one concept car from Subaru and one from Volvo and one from Audi. But nothing for planned for production.