Lexus IS Reaches 1,000,000 Worldwide Sales Milestone

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-08-25-lexus-is-1000000-milestone.jpg

The USA made up half of sales, with Europe following at 20%.
View the original article post

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Congratulations Lexus on the milestone! So far in the U.S. Lexus has sold over 539K IS units since inception. I wish Lexus would bring the IS 300h to the U.S. and Canada. It's great that Lexus has expanded the IS line.

IS 200t
IS 250 (discontinued)
IS 300 awd
IS 300h (outside U.S. & Canada)
IS 350
IS F (on hiatus)

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Congratulations Lexus on the milestone! So far in the U.S. Lexus has sold over 539K IS units since inception. I wish Lexus would bring the IS 300h to the U.S. and Canada. It's great that Lexus has expanded the IS line.

IS 200t
IS 250 (discontinued)
IS 300 awd
IS 350
IS F (on hiatus)

My biggest wish is an ISh. I got a used HS to fill the gap for now though it's nowhere near the driving engagement of the IS.

mikeavelli

Reactions

IS 200t
IS 250 (discontinued)
IS 300 awd
IS 350
IS F (on hiatus)

Nice.....Its been an amazing success for Lexus and their 2 strategy car at the same price point has really worked. It also allows the IS to stay very sporty while the ES can stay very luxurious.
Lexus_IS_VVSCV7_ab2.jpg

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
My biggest wish is an ISh. I got a used HS to fill the gap for now though it's nowhere near the driving engagement of the IS.

I would have bought an IS 300h instead of my CT no questions asked -- in fact, I would replace the CT with an IS 300h if it comes to North America. Drove one when I was in Spain for the GS F event, and was very impressed with the engine in the mountains. In the city, it was perfect.
IMG_4898.jpg

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I owned one myself for some five years....a yellow 2001 IS300. I especially liked the paint, the chronograph gauge-cluster, and the chrome-ball shifter. Too bad the AWD versions weren't available back then, though.....the RWD s***ked on really slippery roads, even with the traction control, snow-mode for the automatic transmission, and all-season tires. They should have made AWD an option on the 1Gen models....they didn't. It was basically a Toyota Altezza. The in-line 6 was smooth as butter, though it guzzled premium gas like a V8.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Lexus should have kept the IS F with the 3IS line to keep up with the BMW M3 and M4.

IS F = M3
RC F = M4
GS F = M5

The IS F and RC F will have the same 5.0 liter V8 engine however the GS F should have a different more potent engine instead of the same RC F engine.

Last edited: