Lexus NX 200t F SPORT Finishes Second in Car & Driver Compact Crossover Comparison

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-08-22-lexus-nx-car-driver-comparison.jpg

A strong showing for the Lexus compact crossover.
View the original article post

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Last time I checked the NX rivals the X3 not X1... I don't like to be mean but can they at least figure out what the hell is going on? If the NX rivaled the X1 they wouldn't have rumors of another smaller hatchback right...?

Levi

Expert
Reactions
BMW X1, seriously? Where is Subaru XV? Subaru XV is the only true compact crossover, with real AWD. All the rest are just POS, though NX is the best looking.

Axel

Fan
Reactions
So thee most luxury car here is the NX but the BmW still wins. Ain't it funny how they always say everything that good enough to give a lexus a crown then the crown is given to the other for the reasons that are not too clear

Reactions
Really 2nd, and they gave the X1 the first spot, the X1 drives like sh!t, and its not even luxury at all. Oh thats right, its german, makes sense.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Last time I checked the NX rivals the X3 not X1... I don't like to be mean but can they at least figure out what the hell is going on? If the NX rivaled the X1 they wouldn't have rumors of another smaller hatchback right...?

This. This is ridiculous, the NX does not compete with these cars head on at all its bigger and offers more. Funny too that the X1 is no FWD something that used to be so badly chastised but now deemed as acceptable.

Black Dynamite

Follower
Reactions
Oddly conceived comparison, since the NX is clearly a class above the entry-level utes here.

It beat the BMW X3 in Motor Trend last year, against a field of its peers, which holds more value to me.
Motor Trend said the NX was clearly the class of the field, and its sales support that.
BD

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Comparo has little merit since the NX is a dimesionally larger vehicle designed and engineered to compete with the X3, Q5, RDX, etc. The silver lining in this comparo is how strong a value the NX is considering its marginally higher price tag. This has been much the same case with the larger RX over the years being pinned against the NX's competitors the Q5 and X3, because of how strong a value the RX is costing about the same similarly equipped.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Oddly conceived comparison, since the NX is clearly a class above the entry-level utes here.

It beat the BMW X3 in Motor Trend last year, against a field of its peers, which holds more value to me.
Motor Trend said the NX was clearly the class of the field, and its sales support that.
BD
Comparo has little merit since the NX is a dimesionally larger vehicle designed and engineered to compete with the X3, Q5, RDX, etc. The silver lining in this comparo is how strong a value the NX is considering its marginally higher price tag. This has been much the same case with the larger RX over the years being pinned against the NX's competitors the Q5 and X3, because of how strong a value the RX is costing about the same similarly equipped.

Bingo...very good points....

Reactions
UX would've prevailed here. It's the NX that's the odd one out. Its engine is simply not potent enough for the class it sits in.