Rendered: Setting the Low Bar for the Next-Generation Lexus LS

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-08-18-lexus-ls-rendering-front.jpg

Make sure to squint when looking at these renderings.
View the original article post

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
we already knew the following
1- it will not be a super sedan as the S but a sport sedan coupe like Panamera
2- the front fascia from the previous render
16-05-09-lexus-ls-next-gen-full-page-thumb.jpg

3- the rear end in this drawing is near to the rear end of LF-FC which will be the Fuel-Cell variant of the LS
4- it will share the chassis , engines with the LC and also the low hood and the low COG

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
we already knew the following
1- it will not be a super sedan as the S but a sport sedan coupe like Panamera
2- the front fascia from the previous render
16-05-09-lexus-ls-next-gen-full-page-thumb.jpg

3- the rear end in this drawing is near to the rear end of LF-FC which will be the Fuel-Cell variant of the LS
4- it will share the chassis , engines with the LC and also the low hood and the low COG

Yes this rear rendering has excellent accuracy outside of the weird C Pillar. Not only that, I have to wonder if this left rear window partition in the spy shot is fake and actually there's none at all (can't remember the term) as seen on the right rear passenger window. The prototype in the 3rd spy shot matches the front end of the MAG-X rendering. It is very possible that there is more dynamism in the real design, than the accurate rendering which loses some of it in a 2D illustration and the headlights probably have more detail in real life.

2018-lexus-ls-spy-photos.jpg
Lexus-GS-test-car-2.jpg
2018-lexus-ls-spy-photos.jpg

Although both will use GA-L architecture, because it is modular, they do not need to be directly based on each other and allow some autonomy in regards to development.

The front is really bad. On the other hand I hope that Lexus will convey the back from the concept.

The final design has elements of this taillight design, but until this rendering, no one has attempted to envision it. They did a good job, AFTER the C-Pillar that is. The fascia and C-Pillar are vomitrocious (a term I've used since I was a kid). The body profile is very lovely from the rear of the rendering if you omit that thick C-Pillar. Once you see that butter face from the front, it all goes to hell. If you focus below the belt line, from where the sheet metal starts, it is probably dead accurate, but missing that cab rearward kink, a Lexus trademark since 1986.

16-08-18-lexus-ls-next-gen-rear.jpg

2018-lexus-ls-to-arrive-at-dealers-in-may-2017_9.jpg