New Rumor: Next-Generation Lexus CT to be Hatchback & Crossover?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-08-15-lexus-ct-crossover-hatchback-1024x497.jpg

Should Lexus release the new CT in multiple variants?
View the original article post

RDS

Fan
Reactions
I would love to see next generation CT looks like that !
Also , I wish Lexus makes it slightly bigger , and available with non-Hybrid .

I know Hybrid sells , but non-Hybrid model might attract more buyers .

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I'm not a fan of putting plastic fender flares on a hatchback and calling it a crossover. It comes across as cheap and lazy. I'd much rather see two separate models: CT and UX.

I totally agree. Lexus should have two separate models, CT luxury hatchback and UX subcompact luxury CUV. By doing that they can expand their respective line if one is more successful than the other.

I do like the sharper lines in the rendering but not feeling the daytime LED strip above the headlight, I still like the LED strip below the headlights.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
I'm not a fan of putting plastic fender flares on a hatchback and calling it a crossover. It comes across as cheap and lazy. I'd much rather see two separate models: CT and UX.

Well looks like Lexus would follow much of what is out there already such as the A/GLA, Impreza/Crosstek, Q30/QX30 etc. I don't think this is a bad thing - time will tell, but I can say one thing for sure - I really like the styling. much better than the Lancer 5-door which it instantly reminded me of. I also would be VERY happy to see more powerful engine options to better compete with the competition.

3r77r.jpg

I had the '11 CT and loved it. I can see myself in one of these again. :)

mwyf

Founding Member
Reactions
If the next-gen CT comes in hatch and crossover/SUV, they'll be going down the same path as Infiniti with their Q30 and QX30. For me, the Q and QX distinction is arbitrary and I'd hate to see Lexus go down the same lazy path. I hope that when these rumours say the next CT will come in hatchback and crossover forms, they mean the next-gen small -car segment by Lexus will have 2 offerings, built on the same platform/similar underpinnings.

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
I totally agree. Lexus should have two separate models, CT luxury hatchback and UX subcompact luxury CUV. By doing that they can expand their respective line if one is more successful than the other.

Another issue I have is that the crossover version could be seen as nothing but a cynical attempt to leverage the crossover craze with an unsatisfying "poser" version of the CT. With the NX and RX seen as top contenders, something less for a smaller crossover may harm Lexus' image. So, for me, a proper UX or non at all.

Lasse J. Nordvik

Follower
Reactions
Another issue I have is that the crossover version could be seen as nothing but a cynical attempt to leverage the crossover craze with an unsatisfying "poser" version of the CT. With the NX and RX seen as top contenders, something less for a smaller crossover may harm Lexus' image. So, for me, a proper UX or non at all.
Well said.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
If the next-gen CT comes in hatch and crossover/SUV, they'll be going down the same path as Infiniti with their Q30 and QX30. For me, the Q and QX distinction is arbitrary and I'd hate to see Lexus go down the same lazy path. I hope that when these rumours say the next CT will come in hatchback and crossover forms, they mean the next-gen small -car segment by Lexus will have 2 offerings, built on the same platform/similar underpinnings.

It is like A and GLA.

I dont see why Lexus has to be above and beyond Mercedes and Audi. They dont.

CT crossover is needed for Europe and Japan.

As to the article, it also says something about new 2.0l diesel engine... that will be interesting.

Dreski

Fan
Reactions
Hoping this is not as big as the Subie Crosstek, that would be useless. I do like the front end but not a big fan of those cheap dotted LED's (looks unbelievably cheap). Over all if this is what the final product looks like i wouldn't mind at all. Pending that they offer AWD option and not just a FWD. Could careless if its turbo/non, hybrid, diesel etc..

mikeavelli

Reactions
What's just odd is I see reviews compare the NX to these super cute Utes which is incorrect. C&D just had it vs the Q3, X1 , QX30 and GLA. So where would this car go?

Lexus cannot deny that people prefer SUVs and CUVs to cars. So while the CT hatch did well it makes sense to evolve it.

I do agree why not keep the CT a hatch and bring a UX.