Spy Shots: Lexus LC Racing Prototype Spotted in Japan!

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-07-20-lexus-lc-prototype-front.jpg

Is this an early prototype of the upcoming LC Super GT500 race car?
View the original article post

Reactions
Nice car!
The rear spoiler in too big for me. I would go for a smaller or none...

:cool:

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
when LEXUS introduced the Nurburgring Edition LFA i thought the Nurburgring to F will be like what the S to RS with Audi or like 63AMG to 65AMG with Mercedes

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
when LEXUS introduced the Nurburgring Edition LFA i thought the Nurburgring to F will be like what the S to RS with Audi or like 63AMG to 65AMG with Mercedes
More like F to Nurburgring since the Nurburgring Package would enhance the F car. And thats what I want with the LC F. Base model makes 550 hp to compete with the S 63 while the Nurburgring Edition makes 650 hp to compete with the S 65. And as you said before Toyota already has a perfect engine for the Nurburgring Edition. But these spy shots are definitely not for an LC F or LC F Nurburgring Edition, they're for a GT car.

I thought about the Nurburgring Package/Edition thing for a while and I think it should be compared like M cars to M cars with the Competiton Package and the S in Mercedes-AMG cars. So like the M5 to the M5 Competition Package and E 63 to E 63 S. Same way, I think the GS F and RC F should have a Nurburgring Edition with more power so people who would like more performance and aren't worried about money can get that and buyers who want performance that is reasonably enough for the money they are paying can get the stock GS F/RC F. The C 63 S has 503 hp so an RC F Nurburgring Edition would be a perfect competitor.

Last edited:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Well, I can say with certainty that Lexus leadership was not happy when these photos showed up -- I don't have any great insight to share, but I have to wonder if this really is the GT 500 car or something else entirely.

...not to add fuel to the fire or anything. :neutral:

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Well, I can say with certainty that Lexus leadership was not happy when these photos showed up -- I don't have any great insight to share, but I have to wonder if this really is the GT 500 car or something else entirely.

wow
do you want to say that my thoughts may tends to be true!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::D

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions

What Lexus dealership are you referring to? This indeed was taken at Fuji Speedway, not on public roads.

From all the details, it looks very much like a Super GT car. Either that, or it's a possible Gazoo Racing VLN Endurance championship prototype car being tested. It could even be based off an LC F.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions

Yes, it seems this is from private testing. The same way someone caught them testing a softtop IS convertible in early 2006, which became a hardtop instead. Are we sure this isn't an LC performance variant? LC-F?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Yes, it seems this is from private testing. The same way someone caught them testing a softtop IS convertible in early 2006, which became a hardtop instead. Are we sure this isn't an LC performance variant? LC-F?

I think it's tough to say -- no way the production LC F has a wing of that size, but then this mule doesn't have all the bits & bobs I would expect with a GT500 car.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
time will tell
but honestly if it turn out as LC-F Nuburgring Edition with 650hp as i thought
then it will be the real birth of Lexus as a real Luxury brand