Rumor: Lexus LC F Coming in 2019?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-07-18-lexus-lc-f-rendering-automobile-thumb.jpg

Automobile Magazine has a killer rendering and some questionable new information.
View the original article post

Mk4UmHa

Founding Member
Reactions
Limitless is Lexus code for pulling low and midrange power so that it feels like the power band is continuous. I'm still rooting for Lexus with AMG power band.

Wicus Kriel

Premium Member
Reactions
Limitless is Lexus code for pulling low and midrange power so that it feels like the power band is continuous. I'm still rooting for Lexus with AMG power band.
I concur and have my bets on the LC F boasting a 4.0 litre twin-turbo V8 configuration similar to the current V8 AMG (which feels and sounds incredible).

James

Founding Member
Reactions
This is great news as Lexus needs something up there to compete with the Germans. However I'd still like to see a convertible from Lexus and also an F version of an SUV...

Axel

Fan
Reactions
Lexus did say they can still extract a lot of power from this 5.0l v8. I don't know you people complain about this engine this is a great racing engine and it pulls. Go ahead lexus make this motor spin even faster add that 30hp and it became the great engine after the LFA v 10.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
500 hp is not even enough to be an S 63 competitor. I would like at least 550 hp and a Nurburgring Package that makes the power 600+ to compete with the S 65. And I agree that putting a 10 year-old engine would be pretty stupid. I think it will be a 5.5 Liter V8 with a turbo.

Axel

Fan
Reactions
I'm more interested in how the Ingine performs and that performance is based on how fast it can spin not how much power it got. If AMG did a good job with turbos good for them. The Japanese can make screaming engines engines of great speeds without turbo. Remember LFA lapped the ring with the least power fast.

Axel

Fan
Reactions
500 hp is not even enough to be an S 63 competitor. I would like at least 550 hp and a Nurburgring Package that makes the power 600+ to compete with the S 65. And I agree that putting a 10 year-old engine would be pretty stupid. I think it will be a 5.5 Liter V8 with a turbo.

Mybe you guys should explain to me what is wrong with this so called "old engine"? This engine will prob pull the LC 500 in 4.0 to 60 because of the well sorted 10 speed And that is fast for any N/A engine. Lexus does a lot of racing with this engine tuned for higher hp why should they use turbo on a engine that has raced in N/A form. Merc BMWengines are road car engines lexus F are racing engines

Reactions
BMW M and Merc-AMG are subsidiaries (Actual Companies) under their respect parent companies. The F Marque is a model designation, it's not a company under LEXUS. Yeah there is a head engineer for the F cars etc... and we get the 5.0L V8, (which clearly isn't exclusive to F's anymore) but I feel like the cars suffer to SOME degree because it's not a true performance division dedicated to wiping the floor with AMG and M. I kind of feel it's why we get a heavy, Frankenstein'd chassis/more of a Sport Grand Tourer, than track beast RC F. Or why we get this "Low on Power" despite it's killer chassis GS F. I see this whole Lexus Gazoo Racing thing, but it is no where close to what AMG and M do in motorsports. In fact, the whole way Toyota does things is all sorts of confusing... Why is there a TRD USA and a TRD Japan, but ONLY the TRD Japan puts out a lot of kick ass aftermarket stuff for the F cars, the CCS-R/P (That we can't even get in NA w/o paying ridiculous prices for...) why not just make TRD Japan (Toyota Technocraft) the actual F Tuning Division since they are already an actual TOYOTA company making stuff for the F/F Sport cars, LOL.

I am only whining and crying because I want the LC F to be amazing. I want it to be raved about, and receive all of the praise it should get. I want it to be #1 in car comparison tests, and leave the reviewers just speechless without anything stupid to complain about. The RC F deserved the harsh criticism it got; LEXUS made some strides, but still did some not so smart things with the RC F. And I am still bitter about the lukewarm reception of the GS F, it got compared to a CTS-V Sport... AND IT CAME IN SECOND. (Seriously, WTF. Not even a CTS-V) The GS F is an GREAT car, it didn't deserve that. It was one review, but still, it was published.

So I don't want an LC F. Unless it's being built to make a serious statement to walk away as the king of the Halo Performance models.

Mk4UmHa

Founding Member
Reactions
I am only whining and crying because I want the LC F to be amazing. I want it to be raved about, and receive all of the praise it should get. I want it to be #1 in car comparison tests, and leave the reviewers just speechless without anything stupid to complain about. The RC F deserved the harsh criticism it got; LEXUS made some strides, but still did some not so smart things with the RC F. And I am still bitter about the lukewarm reception of the GS F, it got compared to a CTS-V Sport... AND IT CAME IN SECOND. (Seriously, WTF. Not even a CTS-V) The GS F is an GREAT car, it didn't deserve that. It was one review, but still, it was published.

So I don't want an LC F. Unless it's being built to make a serious statement to walk away as the king of the Halo Performance models.

^I Agree

I'm still waiting on the real power Toyota's V8 can make. Toyota tends to tone everything down for their consumers. I know Toyota can mop the floor but it's pretty annoying when they keep gimping their cars for the hardcore crowd. The RC-F was almost there except it was 200-300 pounds over weight and under powered, especially when you check how Toyota gimped the low end/mid-range to make it feel like the car has more power to go the further up the RPM band you go.

My LS430 has more get up and go from a dig than the IS-F and RC-F.

If you check out the new 2017 C63S AMG, it's everything the RC-F should have been, and it's the same price range fully loaded!

Reactions
i think it is stupid investing in old technology. BMW already has I8 plugin hybrid, and by 2018 they will probably come up with the second gen of I8 with more advanced engine, while lexus ill be stuck with gas engine. i think plugin hybrid or even hydrogen is the way to go.

Axel

Fan
Reactions
BMW M and Merc-AMG are subsidiaries (Actual Companies) under their respect parent companies. The F Marque is a model designation, it's not a company under LEXUS. Yeah there is a head engineer for the F cars etc... and we get the 5.0L V8, (which clearly isn't exclusive to F's anymore) but I feel like the cars suffer to SOME degree because it's not a true performance division dedicated to wiping the floor with AMG and M. I kind of feel it's why we get a heavy, Frankenstein'd chassis/more of a Sport Grand Tourer, than track beast RC F. Or why we get this "Low on Power" despite it's killer chassis GS F. I see this whole Lexus Gazoo Racing thing, but it is no where close to what AMG and M do in motorsports. In fact, the whole way Toyota does things is all sorts of confusing... Why is there a TRD USA and a TRD Japan, but ONLY the TRD Japan puts out a lot of kick ass aftermarket stuff for the F cars, the CCS-R/P (That we can't even get in NA w/o paying ridiculous prices for...) why not just make TRD Japan (Toyota Technocraft) the actual F Tuning Division since they are already an actual TOYOTA company making stuff for the F/F Sport cars, LOL.

I think trying to compete with the Germans powerwise is a waste of time and lexus seem to know this. It is not wise to do what they do, you need to know what you doing lexus. Look at cadillac they play the German game of power great car but they offer nothing new. Lexus offers sweet performance

Reactions
Lexus should not go for a competition on normal HP with MB and BMW. They should use the hybrid technology and clean the floor! Like mentioned above BMW has i8. The new way is the hybrid and Toyota has the best knowledge and technology.

An easy ans stupid question in the same way is why they didn't make an Auris GTH (hybrid)? They had everything. VW introduced Golf/Rabbit(?) GTE (hybrid) in Norway and it sells like hot bread!

:cool:

Wicus Kriel

Premium Member
Reactions
There is nothing wrong with the current 5.0l V8, in fact it's an amazing engine. We'll have it in the LC500 though. The LC F needs to boast more than a couple of horsepower increment over the non-F model. The twin turbocharged, 500 cc per cylinder, configuration seems to work well. As such my bet is still on Lexus having a 4.0l twin turbo V8 in the upcoming F models (and hopefully add a 3.0l twin turbo V6 as an alternative to the current 3.5l NA V6).

Axel

Fan
Reactions
Lexus should not go for a competition on normal HP with MB and BMW. They should use the hybrid technology and clean the floor! Like mentioned above BMW has i8. The new way is the hybrid and Toyota has the best knowledge and technology.

An easy ans stupid question in the same way is why they didn't make an Auris GTH (hybrid)? They had everything. VW introduced Golf/Rabbit(?) GTE (hybrid) in Norway and it sells like hot bread!

:cool:
I like your comment very much. In fact I would add and say lexus should take the same hybrid tech in the LC500h and put it in the lexus IS aka ISF but they won't do it until somebody else does then try to catch up

Axel

Fan
Reactions
Lexus/toyota have this fear of setting the bar too high and having to live up to that standard that was set by them they see it more as a trap. So they just let other start trends and they catch up it works for them they get the sells they happy

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
As some here have noted, I too would love to see F cars with hybrid technology, but I have a feeling that might be a little further off.

I'm expecting LC F with TT V8, personally.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I'm expecting a smaller displacement turbo north of 580hp.....I think Lexus realizes they can't be that behind in HP anymore....

Thing is are there enough people to pay far north of 100k for it...