Design Study: The Lexus LF-LA Supercar Concept

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-07-06-lexus-lf-la-concept-rendering.jpg

A concept from design student Yang Sun takes the Lexus design language into the stratosphere.
View the original article post

Reactions: Den

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I really like it overall as a design study. The front end I'd leave pretty much as-is aside from making the DRLs L-shaped instead of U. The rear end I don't like it sticking out like it does, and making the doors open without disturbing the gorgeous swoopy lines on the side would be a definite challenge (suicide doors might work), but he definitely understands the Lexus design language.

Axel

Fan
Reactions
It looks like he designed it for the transformers Bumblebee . Nothing special here for me except mybe lexus can take some ideas of the front end (spindle grill). Lexus still needs to find a sweat spot for the spindle grill the edgy pointed front end of this concept does a good job of hiding the awkward shapes at angles of the spindle grill

Reactions
Hum, looks like a cross over more than a super car. The front end is too high, the nose needs to be more streamlined and lower.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
LFA + LC fused from wax, then slowly melting. Interesting as a study.

Axel

Fan
Reactions
If I was lexus for the front end I would have not gone audio route gaping maw spindle grill rather would have created something unique to lexus like smooth out the front end enlarge the lexus logo make stand out like in this concept make head lights bigger by extending them downwards more like cadillac does. My problem with this current lexus front end is it just not stand proud and confident