Lexus February 2015 Sales Report

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-03-03-lexus-logo-sales-400x200.jpg

Lexus USA sales up 22% year-over-year, making it the best-ever February in Lexus history.
View the original article post

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Although incentives are helping the RX's stellar sales, it still sells on its own merit.

I expected the NX to improve upon last month's 2800+ sales, yet it has slipped to 2600+ though there have been a few fewer selling days than Jan. I expect the NX to hit the 3000 sales figure in March and hopefully hit the 3600 expected target by Lexus USA by summer.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Lexus is doing great. Top three of course is the RX, ES and IS. The NX is top four. GS and GX are doing very well. CT has slowed a bit due to falling gas prices however gas prices are going up and CT sales should go up as well. I look forward to March 2015 sales numbers...

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Although incentives are helping the RX's stellar sales, it still sells on its own merit.

I expected the NX to improve upon last month's 2800+ sales, yet it has slipped to 2600+ though there have been a few fewer selling days than Jan. I expect the NX to hit the 3000 sales figure in March and hopefully hit the 3600 expected target by Lexus USA by summer.

Amazing how with the introduction of the NX, RX sales have gone up. Just like back when the IS was introduced sales of the ES went up as well...and the IS has yet to outsell the ES...I look forward to the day when the IS outsells the ES...

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
CT is also getting a little long in the tooth these days... no longer the newest kid on the block.

ES/IS/GS/RX continue to sell well despite being a few years into their product cycles. LS needs an update (redesign) badly!

Reactions

Amazing how with the introduction of the NX, RX sales have gone up. Just like back when the IS was introduced sales of the ES went up as well...and the IS has yet to outsell the ES...I look forward to the day when the IS outsells the ES...
Yeah, I think IS sales will really pick up when their base engine actually becomes competitive in terms of power and fuel efficiency. The IS200t should definitely be that turning point. We should see upwards of ~1.5 seconds shaved off the 0-60 times (around 6.2 seconds or so) and at the same time see highway fuel economy increase into the low and probably close to mid 30s. I expect to see the highway MPG to get up into the 32-34 range. Anything more than that and I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Reactions
The GS is clearly overperforming among the sedans. I saw a couple of them here in Italy and is just stunning. And the GSF is the coolest F ever IMO. As well as the CT needs perhaps to be replaced soon.

Reactions
The GS is clearly overperforming among the sedans. I saw a couple of them here in Italy and is just stunning. And the GSF is the coolest F ever IMO. As well as the CT needs perhaps to be replaced soon.

Nice to hear praise for the GS, especially from Italy!
Hey I'm from Italy me too and the GS is my favourite sedan in the E segment: Has been a pleasure to see the GS 350 winner in several comparison VS the BMW 535i, Audi A6 3.0T and Infiniti M35 on MT or again, the GS 450h beating the Porsche Panamera Hybrid and the Infiniti M35h. In my opinion it is the most efficient and best balanced sedan in its class and I'm already in love with the GS F. I couldn't care less about the power, I'm waiting for a comparison with the M5 and let's see what happen.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I can't believe that Lexus has never advertised the GS 450h ONCE in the fourth generation. It boggles my mind.

I really hope there is some type of planned advertising blitz when the refreshed models come out.

PaulA

Premium Member
Reactions
The trend for steadily increasing total volume sales, started in early 2014 here in the buss-ling Mid West. Our Lexus dealer here in Des Moines, finished their 2014 year with the largest sales and volume ever.

Paul
Lexus Owners Club
Manager

Reactions
I can say that my dealer had another RECORD month, we did 250 NEW for the lead out of 61 Eastern dealers....

March should be amazing as well!!!

Reactions
I can't believe that Lexus has never advertised the GS 450h ONCE in the fourth generation. It boggles my mind.

I really hope there is some type of planned advertising blitz when the refreshed models come out.

Yes, the fact that they do not offer it as AWD really makes this car IMPOSSIBLE to sell for us on the Northeast...:(

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions

I've said this elsewhere, but I really hope the GS update includes the GS 300h as an available option.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Last month the RC barely beat out the A5 but this month its a solid lead. The Q60 (used to be called G37) seems to be on its last legs here.
RC 984
A5 831
Q60 346

Seems Lexus has a hit on its hands here....

Lets move to the NX

X3 3,124
NX 2,666
Q5 2,493
GLK-1,781
MKC- 1,558

FYI the MKC is Lincoln's newest entry as well.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
The RC is off to a good start with only the RC 350 and RC F. Hopefully very soon we'll get the RC 200t and sales will really take off not just in the U.S. but worldwide.

February 2015
RC 984
A5 831
G37 coupe 346

YTD 2015
RC 1,831
A5 1,674
G37 coupe 812

Since Inception
RC 3,753

RC 200t (coming soon)
RC 300h (outside U.S.)
RC 350
RC 350C (hopefully coming soon to replace IS 250C/350C)
RC F

BMW does not separate the 4 Series from the 3 Series and lumps them together. I'd love to know how many 4 Series sell...428i, 435i and M4...

Last edited:

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Great numbers all around for the most part, excluding the LS which is soon to be replaced with a new generation. I love seeing the GS performing consistently well with what is essentially just one engine choice (the hybrid is a very hard to find model in most North American dealers). The addition of the GS200t and GS F I think will help a lot with further boosting sales, and finally cementing the status of the GS as a top midsize luxury sedan, equivalent to a 5 Series or E Class, and further distancing itself from the lesser mediocre competitors. The GS getting the reputation it deserves is long overdue. The 2nd gen GS established a great legacy, the 3rd gen GS unfortunately squandered that a bit, but the GS regained fine form with the current 4th gen.