Official Details on the Lexus LF-SA Concept

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
15-03-03-lexus-lf-sa-hero-400x200.jpg

Here's the official press release on the new Lexus LF-SA Small Adventurer Concept revealed today.
View the original article post

Last edited:
Reactions: Den

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Let's see...

"Last year marked the 25th anniversary of the very first Lexus, the LS 400 sedan. To celebrate this milestone, Lexus challenged ED2 -the company’s Europe-based design studio to create a concept of an ultra-compact, sub-B-segment, urban 2+2."

Celebrate the anniversary of the brand with a concept for the smallest, cheapest model in it's history. What sense does this make?

PTien

Fan
Reactions
Let's see...

"Last year marked the 25th anniversary of the very first Lexus, the LS 400 sedan. To celebrate this milestone, Lexus challenged ED2 -the company’s Europe-based design studio to create a concept of an ultra-compact, sub-B-segment, urban 2+2."

Celebrate the anniversary of the brand with a concept for the smallest, cheapest model in it's history. What sense does this make?
The Luxury market has changed significantly over the last 10 years even more so in 25 years since the LS first came out.
The lines between`Premium`and Luxury are getting blurred and there is significant volume in the entry level vehicles. As great of vehicle the CT is, it does not appeal to buyers in North America (mainly the USA).

I think the LF-SA is a direct response to this, creating a sub compact CUV that will appeal to North American buyers where the CT didn`t and compete for the volume of the entry level luxury segments where Audi (Q3), MB B Class & GLA, and BMW X1 dominate currently.

mikeavelli

Reactions
While I think its a cool concept being a city car for Europe, I would have not tried to relate it to Lexus 25th anniversary....it does seem like an odd ode...an LFA II would be a nice 25th present lol