Lexus to Offer RC with 2.0L Turbo Engine?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-03-02-lexus-rc-200t-400x200.jpg

Motor Trend is reporting that Lexus will soon be offering the RC 200t.
View the original article post

Osu

Reactions
Still, with its weight in regard, won't it be underpowered?? Is it really in need of a base model engine albeit turbocharged?

mikeavelli

Reactions
Still, with its weight in regard, won't it be underpowered?? Is it really in need of a base model engine albeit turbocharged?

The RC 350 weight is fine..the RC F is what is pointed out for being heavy...

I think its a great idea and Lexus needs this entry level engine in the GS as well .

Ruksac

Follower
Reactions
I wish I could understand the logic of Lexus sometimes. Audi and BMW; when they release a new design, all of the possibilities seem to come out right away. Lexus premieres the 2nd Gen IS and it takes 3 years for the F and the convertible to be released. And then they never made the IS-Fc! BMW comes out with it's new design and it already works across all the power train options.

Now we don't have an IS-F anymore, the only V8 performance car is in the new coupe. Plus when they finally release the GS-F, that body will be 4-5 years on the market. Which means Lexus will have to stretch out the design until it becomes tired (like the IS convertibles) or only have that car available for about 2 years,

I can see obvious wide applications of the 200t, but Lexus needs to have a bit more foresight in these matters instead of staggering all of these different releases.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Yeah I guess that caution though is why Lexus is so reliable.....The other thing is the German turbos can be tuned easily but will the Lexus turbo be able to be touched? I highly doubt it :(

Ruksac

Follower
Reactions
Yeah I guess that caution though is why Lexus is so reliable.....The other thing is the German turbos can be tuned easily but will the Lexus turbo be able to be touched? I highly doubt it :(
Lexus and Toyota are much more cautious with their releasing technological advances, but I think the hesitancy applies more to the infotainment aspects of the cars instead of the powertrain options. Just read the recent JD Powers IQS report and our infotainment reliability is the main reason we're on top. Maybe I'm a little close-minded but I see larger gains in automotive advancement coming inside the cabins versus under the hoods anyway.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Lexus and Toyota are much more cautious with their releasing technological advances, but I think the hesitancy applies more to the infotainment aspects of the cars instead of the powertrain options. Just read the recent JD Powers IQS report and our infotainment reliability is the main reason we're on top. Maybe I'm a little close-minded but I see larger gains in automotive advancement coming inside the cabins versus under the hoods anyway.

Good points Ruksac.