Video: Former Top Gear Stig Drives the Lexus LFA, RC F & GS F

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-06-05-lexus-lfa-stig.jpg

Powersliding through one of the UK's best tracks.
View the original article post

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I really hope that at some point in the future, Lexus does another LFA-type of car. It brought so much fantastic press and goodwill, and the ringing endorsements of people like Jeremy Clarkson and Ben Collins as "best car I've driven" are literally priceless PR for Lexus.

isanatori

Follower
Reactions
The way he insulted Jeremy Clarkson without actually completely naming him was hilarious.

Not only that. One needs to set subtitles on in the video to help brain activity and digest the lethal type of arrows "the Stig" throws at those who ridiculed Yaguchi sama.

Stig words while testing LFA
2:27 it is the best engine of any road car I have ever driven, the most hyper responsive to the throttle.
3:50 people have said is the best sports car in the world and that is a tough pitch to set in your first ever performance model Did Lexus carry that through to the junior members of the ranks such as the RCF and the GSF?

And finally he answers the above question set by himself "so if they have been any doubt about the integrity of the continuum of performance throughout from F range, I think that's been completely blown away today. But I expected LFA and I expected RCF to be brutes on track..."

First of all, he defines what makes an engine the best in the world at 2:27. It is the throttle response. A factor that no journalist even bother to mention when reviewing sports cars.

Then, Stig accuses journalists of defrauding public opinion about the RCF! Some of them might claim that Stig was paid to advertise Lexus, but take a look at the words Stig uses. The news here is that, Stig is not just raving about RCF and GSF, but he shows crystal clear his disrespect and disgust for those journalists!

At final, I am surprised by the numb response of the members of Lexus Enthusiast. Maybe, either members are questioning the professionalism of Stig, or they don't want to believe that Stig spoke the truth and they have been a victim of massive defrauding tactics- people usually have a difficulty realizing that there is no democracy in Western World. Instead, hypocrisy and opportunism are the core elements of Western culture after all-, as I have to remind you among others, that dieselgate served extraordinary well the German interests against the spreading of Toyota hybrids 20 years ago.

Last edited:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Then, Stig accuses journalists of defrauding public opinion about the RCF! Some of them might claim that Stig was paid to advertise Lexus, but take a look at the words Stig uses. The news here is that, Stig is not just raving about RCF and GSF, but he shows crystal clear his disrespect and disgust for those journalists!

Not to be cynical, but this is a promotional video to build up interest in Lexus at the Goodwood Festival of Speed later this month -- I enjoyed the video, but there's definitely an element of corporate interest to the whole thing.

isanatori

Follower
Reactions
Not to be cynical, but this is a promotional video to build up interest in Lexus at the Goodwood Festival of Speed later this month -- I enjoyed the video, but there's definitely an element of corporate interest to the whole thing.
Unless this rudeness-offensiveness is typical in the way car journalists talk to each other- which I doubt since I don't recall a single similar case and I don't recall Stig ever gave a reason for favouring his personal publicity over his colleagues-, If Stig wanted to just promote Lexus he would have raved about RCF without discriminating journalists at personal level. I don't believe he is risking his fame and professionalism of his job, that I think loves very much, for just a few dollars.
"so if they have been any doubt about the integrity of the continuum of performance throughout from F range, I think that's been completely blown away today."

tags
any doubt, integrity of the continuum of performance throughout from F range (See my post #10- He answers his own question at 3:50) , completely blown away today

Last edited: