Lexus May 2016 Sales Report

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew

Sales in May fell 2.6 percent, though the SUV lineup remains strong with the 12 percent increase.
View the original article post

Hemi

Premium Member
Reactions
What is happening with GS? Dont they like the new facelift or E class?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Market moved away from sedans at a time when Lexus introduced a refreshed sedan that is uglier than the one before :D

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
Is there a typo for the data for ES?

May 2016 : 5373
May 2015 : 5553
%CHG : 4.8

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Is there a typo for the data for ES?

May 2016 : 5373
May 2015 : 5553
%CHG : 4.8

I prefer comparing the daily selling rate as opposed to the overall month, as it feels like a more accurate representation of how the brand is performing compared to the year previous.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Market moved away from sedans at a time when Lexus introduced a refreshed sedan that is uglier than the one before :D

You callin' the #OMGSF ugly? :eek:

More seriously, the standard GS suffers from "tweener syndrome" in many ways (as does the GX). But I think what's most important in this market is that you can get similar passenger room and better cargo options from an RX. And the RX is admittedly a better-looking vehicle too.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
honestly i love the GS-F
design wise it's the best sedan/coupe in Lexus current lineup

Reactions
Who are those potatoes still paying for cars? Time to lift the view!
But, it seems that Americans start to run out of juice.

Last edited:

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
I prefer comparing the daily selling rate as opposed to the overall month, as it feels like a more accurate representation of how the brand is performing compared to the year previous.
Yes, it would be less confusing but the monthly figure has a value to it.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
NX and RX surpass the sum total of all the other Lexus vehicles. I get the fact that SUVs are increasing in demand, but the % drop of the Lexus cars is reflective of not enough differentiation from the competition in terms of tech and performance IMO.

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
If it wasn't for the Silverado and the F-150 pickup trucks propping them up, GM and Ford would fall flat on their faces and Toyota/Lexus would leap to first in production. Let's see how Mary "Teddy" Berra spins nearly a 20% loss in year over year sales volume to her shareholders.

Reactions
If it wasn't for the Silverado and the F-150 pickup trucks propping them up, GM and Ford would fall flat on their faces and Toyota/Lexus would leap to first in production. Let's see how Mary "Teddy" Berra spins nearly a 20% loss in year over year sales volume to her shareholders.
It wasn't that much better for Toyota...they still don't have enough SUVs/CUVs to sell (Which was why Jeep had a great month) because their core strength is the Camry, Corolla and Prius. While the first two sold all right, sales are slumping, and the Prius is doing worse continually in the midst of low gas prices. Tundra had a down month too. I wonder how much effect did that recent earthquake in Japan have on Toyota...

Last edited:

yiantony

Fan
Reactions
Halogen turn signal lights on GS and RC and Lexus provides no upgrade. They degrade front lighting on new NX and still halogen turn lights on RX unless you choose triple light, which will be only on a 60k RX. I just want to know how many customers will be pissed off after they purchase the car but found the car doesn't have what they thought. Don't even mention something like Android Auto or Apple Carplay.

Take a look at new E class or even current one. Take a look at new 3 series.

I have been a Lexus fan for long time but I am really disappointed at what they released recently and will release in coming one or two years.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
The market is brutal to cars right now.

Yep. The car I'm driving is not going to be replaced in the American market next year because GM wants to convert the Wixom, MI plant to SUVs. Sound familiar? History repeats itself. Remember back in 1996 when the Arlington, TX plant dumped the big RWD V8 full-frame GM cars for trucks/SUVs?

In the Lexus line-up, the NX and new RX have obviously been hits, and no doubt are putting pressure on Lexus sedan production.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Just wait till gas is $4.00 again (or higher), and all of these SUVs they are building now are sitting on the lot collecting dust. :oops: