Three Lexus Models Included in Takata Airbag Recall Expansion

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-05-27-lexus-gx-460-interior.jpg

The 2007–2011 ES 350, 2010–2011 GX 460, and 2006–2011 IS included in recall update.
View the original article post

Brooks2IS

Premium Member
Reactions
If I have read correctly, it is just the passenger side airbag for the IS, correct? Should I be worried? The dealer is taking my car in for a dash replacement in a few weeks, is it likely that they will have airbags ready by this point? Scary.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Yes, looks like my IS will be involved, and this car has had several recalls already. Soon I'll take in for service and have the "sticky dash" diagnosed per the related warranty enhancement.

Reactions: RAL

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
If I have read correctly, it is just the passenger side airbag for the IS, correct? Should I be worried? The dealer is taking my car in for a dash replacement in a few weeks, is it likely that they will have airbags ready by this point? Scary.

Can't pretend to be an expert, but the recall is only for the passenger side airbag on all the vehicles mentioned. Also, not all cars will be affected -- it's quite possible your car will not have the Takata airbag.

Here's the full press release:

http://corporatenews.pressroom.toyota.com/releases/toyota-takata-expansion-may23.htm