Mysterious Camouflaged Lexus LC Spotted in California

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-05-17-lexus-lc-500-camouflage.jpg

Partially wrapped in swirl wrap, with no obvious differences compared to the production model.
View the original article post

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Okay so we assume it's not the F because the exhausts would be different and there would probably be more changes to it as well. Could it be they have a second engine option with the LC? A 3.0 turbo or 4.0 turbo or some sort like that? Isn't there going to be a turbo engine with the LS as well as the 5.0? Are they testing it? Very interesting especially since we've seen the LC and LCH already.

mikeavelli

Reactions
-"We need to cover the LC up as it hasn't debuted yet"
*"Sir, technically, well actually, the entire world has seen it"
-"No, no no, they have not, cover it up this is an all new LC 500"
* "Sir, right here, (pulls out phone) here is the full press release"
-"Well sh*t okay just stop where you are and lets go drive it"

Tinhinnh

Follower
Reactions
Maybe its just a Van Gogh Special Edition...

If thats the case, why didnt they cover the whole car...

Last edited by a moderator:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions

The best, mostly because I bet it's accurate.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Okay so we assume it's not the F because the exhausts would be different and there would probably be more changes to it as well. Could it be they have a second engine option with the LC? A 3.0 turbo or 4.0 turbo or some sort like that? Isn't there going to be a turbo engine with the LS as well as the 5.0? Are they testing it? Very interesting especially since we've seen the LC and LCH already.

That's the thing -- my first thought was an LC F, but there's just not enough changes versus the production model to be a possibility. A third engine is a good idea, but would that require any camouflage?

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
These have been running around for a few weeks, as per Instagram. They are likely final evaluation prototypes or even, pilot production builds.

Koji Sato pointed out that the 950A program would be signed off in May 2016. Production likely begins in early December, which was changed from November start sometime last year before NAIAS debut.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
i am thinking of the long waited rumored 4.0L turbo that it will definitely share with the next LS
and maybe even the next GS i feel this is all about i want to say i believe , let's say i am sure it's about this 4.0L turbo V8

James

Founding Member
Reactions
That's the thing -- my first thought was an LC F, but there's just not enough changes versus the production model to be a possibility. A third engine is a good idea, but would that require any camouflage?
Cover up the name in the back maybe...?

Hemi

Premium Member
Reactions
My firt thought as was already mentioned that it is LC F but on the other hand the chief engineer of LC said that they will keep testing the car until its last moment before spring 2017. Thus I think its regular LC.

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
Who gives a flying redacted whether it's an F or not. Those rims are hot. I want those rims. So dirty and just screaming burn me to the ground.

They HAVE to two-tone that car. I think it's going to look beautiful in two-tone matte paint especially with those rims.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Might even be the next Supra. They will (supposedly) share a common platform and some details.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Might even be the next Supra. They will (supposedly) share a common platform and some details.

That would explain why they hid only the Lexus logos (even on the steering wheel), but I would be surprised if the Supra was really that similar to the LC.

Is it common for camouflaged test cars to be left unattended with a window open like that? :) I like the look at the black interior, but I'm kind of surprised we got it.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Is it common for camouflaged test cars to be left unattended with a window open like that? :) I like the look at the black interior, but I'm kind of surprised we got it.

I can't totally answer that question, but it might have to do with the darkness level of the glass-tint. The darker the tint, of course, the more it hides when the window is up.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
That would explain why they hid only the Lexus logos (even on the steering wheel), but I would be surprised if the Supra was really that similar to the LC.

No way the next Supra would be that close Lexus wants the LC to be competing with the top of luxury cars. The all black does look good.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
- I don't see any F cues (larger front are intakes, quad-tip exhaust, bulging hood, etc). So F is out.

- There is no registered LC 400t or similar Turbo-theme moniker. So the possibility of a different engine from the two we already know is out.

- LC is not officially out on the road for almost another year and many drivers are not car buffs like us. I'd still want to camo the car.

- LC production starts still months away, allowing the engineers for final tweaks in the real-world. Again, I'd still want to camo the car until it's ready for public release. Remember, what is unveiled is a "pre-produciton" car which inherently is subject to change...

Factor in all the above, camoflaging makes sense (to me anyway).