Lexus LC 500 Starts Six Month, 25-City European Tour

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-05-05-lexus-lc-500-tour-europe.jpg

With stops at the Nürburgring and the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
View the original article post

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I hope Lexus does a better job with photos and videos of the LC at Goodwood than they did with the GS F.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I hope Lexus does a better job with photos and videos of the LC at Goodwood than they did with the GS F.

Oh my -- totally forgot about that. It was some kind of big secret or something, took me ages to find even a photo of the GS F on the hillclimb.

You're right, hoping for something miles better than that.

What about the Lexus LFA Code X? Is it racing this year at the Nurburgring? It would be foolish not to considering it placed in Top 10 overall last year despite being in a very restricted SPPro class.

There will be no LFA racing at the Nürburgring 24 Hour Race this year, instead there will be an RC and two RC Fs:

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2016/01/19/lexus-rc-rc-f-to-race-in-this-years-24-hours-of-nurburgring/

Lexus seems to finally be moving away from the LFA as an active part of their initiatives -- frankly, it was a long time coming.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Interesting timeline...June 2016 is when pilot production of the 950A program commences, thus the first non-prototype builds of the LC. Series production ramps up in December. Have they even disclosed where production will take place? Old LFA factory in Motomachi or Tahara?

The non-camouflaged LCs shown since Detroit and from November 2015 photoshoots, were of the last prototyping stage, where many production items are incorporated into the vehicles for final testing. I don't know Toyota calls these, but I refer to them as "final evaluation vehicles".

Before that stage starts, everything must be dead final, in terms of smaller details like trim and packaging.

The cars seen last summer were more rudimentary, but utilised the production design, which was frozen by mid-2014. I am not entirely aware of Toyota's prototype gestation period from design freeze, as at some OEMS it can be as little as 4 months and as long as 18 months.

The first final LC design wearing 950A prototypes might have been assembled in December 2014 for Hokkaido testing, going LHD in the summer of 2015.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Finally, Lexus shows us the deployed active rear wing!!!! Looks crazy beautiful ❤️ but doesn't anyone agree that the spoiler should be reserved for the LC F? It's still gonna be alright if they make the LC F look different enough from the regular LC 500.

Travis

Fan
Reactions
Beautiful design. Sounds NASTYYY love the V8

Seems to have the normal Lexus issue of too much wheel gap as always.... needs to be lowered ASAP

Last edited: