Updated Lexus IS Debuts at Beijing Auto Show

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-04-18-lexus-is-updated.jpg

The refreshed IS sedan is coming April 25th by way of China.
View the original article post

oem_is300

Founding Member
Reactions
Was definitely not expecting to see an update this soon. Really like that 'triple L' design of the headlight. Those are some really sharp lines on the bumper too. Interested to see the full reveal!

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
Not surprising to see triple headlights appearing in facelifted IS as its competitors also have more exquisite, uniquely shaped premium headlights available. And to make triple LED headlights the standard across various Lexus vehicles, it also can reduce some cost due to use of common components and it increases visibility on the road.

Really look forward to see how Lexus change the bumper details to suit the new headlights.

If there is any changes in interior --- I would think the following makes sense as it has an improved premium feel, cost reduction by using common elements, etc.

1. Change the front overhead to LED with touch sensing, just like what is available in NX, new RX, ES, etc
2. Remote Touch controller is replaced with a remote pad. The positions of upholders, remote pad and the drive selector will be like what are in RC/RC-F.

Hamed Al Ketbi

Founding Member
Reactions
WOW!!! very interesting ...
Honestly, after what happened to Toyota/Lexus manufacture, I wasn't expecting Lexus to introduce a new facelift IS or any other Lexus. However, I'm really excited to see how it's going to look and as I see, Lexus is making the triple headlights in the most of the Lexus line. Which, really great compared to other brands. Because it is unique to Lexus only!
CAN'T WAIT FOR THE RESULT!!!
Also, a small notice. In the Middle East, the most selling cars are the SUVs in general. But, actually as a mid-size car, the Lexus IS is really growing in the street. At least what I see in the UAE

Michael

Fan
Reactions
The update IS look better than my friend's 2016 Cadillac ATS.
#freshlook #NewLexusIS