KeePer TOM'S Lexus RC F Team Finishes Second in 2016 Super GT Round 1

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-04-11-lexus-keeper-toms-rc-f-super-gt.jpg

The racing team of James Rossiter & Ryo Hirakawa finished second in the inaugural race of 2016 Super GT season.
View the original article post

Reactions: Den

Wicus Kriel

Premium Member
Reactions
Impressive, especially in the light of the competition. First place went to a GT-R Nismo. Even more impressive is that the RC F in second place beat the GT-R in third place and the same for the RC F in fourth place beating the GT-R in fifth place. And the RC F also beat all the Honda NSX's.

Wicus Kriel

Premium Member
Reactions
I'm not able to find the specifications for all the competing teams' vehicles on the SuperGT.net web site. Does anyone have these to share?

LexusTechSA

Founding Member
Reactions
I'm not able to find the specifications for all the competing teams' vehicles on the SuperGT.net web site. Does anyone have these to share?
The GT500 are all actually using the same chassis. Its just the bodywork and engines that are different.The Lexus and Nissan run front engine rear wheel drive and the Honda runs mid engine rear wheel drive. They all run 2l turbo engines. GT 300 is a lot more complicated as the cars can conform to many different rule books, there are JAFgt300's , FIA spec GT3s and what they call the mother chassis.
Don't know if that helps or not.

Wicus Kriel

Premium Member
Reactions
The GT500 are all actually using the same chassis. Its just the bodywork and engines that are different.The Lexus and Nissan run front engine rear wheel drive and the Honda runs mid engine rear wheel drive. They all run 2l turbo engines. GT 300 is a lot more complicated as the cars can conform to many different rule books, there are JAFgt300's , FIA spec GT3s and what they call the mother chassis.
Don't know if that helps or not.
Helps indeed, thank you :)

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I'm not real familiar with Super GT. Do these cars share any mechanicals with the RC F we know and love, or is it a purpose-built race car with Lexus design cues, like the Camry NASCAR?