Lexus Announces V-LCRO Performance Technology

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-03-30-lexus-v-lcro-technology.jpg

Lexus has announced a new performance technology coming to both the GS F & RC F: Variable Load Coupling Rear Orientation, or V-LCRO.
View the original article post

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I thought this was terrific. They played it straight to the point of near-absurdity, and then the Lexus logo "tore" off the screen with the Velcro noise. Beautiful.

And the attempts to pull the guy out at the end could just as easily have been labeled "trying to remove the average Lexus Enthusiast from an LFA".

mwyf

Founding Member
Reactions
An absolutely awesome prank. It's seems so genuine to the extent where it's actually believable. Just looks and sounds like a proper Lexus video. Very well executed. The last scene is great.

In the real world, I think the technology has potential, but -a lot- of work is needed to refine the idea and to make it work.
I have my doubts as to whether that seat is actually upholstered in Velcro, or if it's just felt/Alcantara combined with illusion by the skilful acting.

I wonder, though, how much time and effort Lexus spent on producing this video. And how long in advance did they start to plan and prepare for this?