Podcast 6: Interview with Troy Sumitomo, Owner of Five Axis

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
In this episode of the Lexus Enthusiast Podcast, I speak with Troy Sumitomo, founder of Five Axis.

Five Axis is the company responsible for building the Lexus LF-LC concept and other memorable Lexus show cars, including the Project IS F and Project GS F SPORT builds from SEMA.

In this episode, we talk about the process of building a concept car, what inspires the Five Axis show cars, and an embarrassing moment from the 2012 Detroit Auto Show reveal of the LF-LC.

(Also, here's a link to the LA Clippers customized RC F discussed in the podcast.)

You can also download the podcast in MP3 format, if preferred.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-03-31-lexus-podcast-troy-sumitomo.jpg

In the latest episode of the Lexus Enthusiast podcast, I speak with Five Axis founder Troy Sumitomo.
View the original article post

Reactions: Den

oem_is300

Founding Member
Reactions
Finally got around to listening to this and really enjoyed that podcast! Like you RAL, his daily driver was definitely a surprise to me. I've always been a fan of 5-axis cars whether they are concepts or builds and I think when he mentioned their design philosophy of honoring the OE design it made me realize why. Some tuners build cars to the point where you don't really recognize the original car, or many of the original lines are lost whereas 5-axis has always seemed to accentuate the original design.